Thread: 550 Watt power supply Axle AX-P550L Sounds loud

550 Watt power supply Axle AX-P550L Sounds loud

A friend gave me the following Axle power supply, As he has purchased a new laptop recently. Now it is so that the NT is very loud at high fan speed. My friend said he had already removed the fan and checked, but found no errors. S just the question of whether to tweak as the NT, but anyway.

I have now in the computer and it goes in there - quite noisy stop, so clearly audible. I would like to use the NT as it my present performance but well exceeded. stop is the question of whether I should risk this, what do you think? If in a sense "normal"? Have just simply for Axle and the German customer service called and who assured me that nothing could happen because, as the NT so up and down controls, depending on power requirements.

Re: 550 Watt power supply Axle AX-P550L Sounds loud

Hi, first, purely in the hardware can not be seen. Whether it breaks or will last for 20 years, can say no. What I can say is that Axle is not a brand manufacturers probably my hardware and I would not trust such a good part. The fan automatically adjusts depending on performance, is probably correct. The fan is quite noisy it is, probably at the low-quality fan.

Is it basically a noisy power supply, a cause for concern. For there is no problem. For your hearing at some point a permanent problem (at night when you only have noise in the ears). Volume was in me for a very high priority PC. So to get this sound fixed it will be better to get the Power supply changed hopefully this should fix the issue.

I have two times a problem with my PC now my problem my Pc accessible from I know net why do I turn it work maybe 3 hours then Friet he was a passing the time and time 2 days is the net more because somehow had intermittent contact power supply, and net more left. question about my Genung are 400W for my PC? and what you RECOMMENDS me for a PSU? I thank you for every answer I like this forum here and I would hope each time also helped this time

1. The Watts say little about the actual performance. Normal 400W range should loose, except the graphics card alone needs over 100 W.
    2. Most players believe many watts, a lot of great. But is rarely really necessary. (If so, it would do usually have a good power supply, not a cheap as possible with high wattage information)
    3. with "sort of loose connection" can not start something, but seems not care. I guess you have your power supply "somehow" ruined it?
    4. Take a good power supply costs () with a slight (!) Fans (although at P4-3800, this often does not matter). Look for Ati (if original) or the manual of what draws the graphics card.