Thread: Hammer morespace external hard drive is not getting detected in the computer

Hammer morespace external hard drive is not getting detected in the computer

I have a dell laptop with a xp professional operating system in it. Well I have encountered a problem with my hard drive and I want to report this problem to you all. I have a 500 GB hammer morespace HDD in my computer. I had a vista operating system In my laptop and I have changed it to the xp pro edition. Well on changing the operating system I found that my hdd was not working well. Whenever I try to plug the hdd I get a light and after that the light keeps on blinking but the hard drive is not getting displayed in the computer. Now why is this happening? I don’t want to format my drive and install it again and also I don’t want to go with the data recovery options. As it is very expensive. So can you give me some suggestions such that it will help me.

Re: Hammer morespace external hard drive is not getting detected in the computer

Well what I can say is that don’t go with the data recovery option. Ensure that you have kept all the data in the hdd intact and be careful that your hdd does not lose the data by any other method that you are trying. Also do have a check whether your hdd gets displayed in the bios or not. If it gets displayed then try cloning the drive and experiment with it by placing it in some different drive and see whether it works there. This will ensure that your data will be safe in the original. So do try with the necessary changes and do let me know if it works for you.

Re: Hammer morespace external hard drive is not getting detected in the computer

I have not got any cloning type of software. Well I checked it out with the bios and sadly it is not showing up in the bios. So I think my computer is not detecting it. I had a talk with the hammer morespace people and they said that they will replace it with the new one or they will repair it but I will have to pay for it because the old one has gone out of the warranty period. I don’t have much money as of now to spend for a new hdd. So can you suggest me some other solution that will help me out.

Well according to me you must try and check In the device manger and see whether if it is detected there or not. If it is not then try and check in the disk management. If it is not there also, then try updating the driver for the particular hdd, search the internet and download the driver accordingly. After downloading the hdd you must reboot the system and check whether the driver is getting detected or not. Do let me know if it works in this case. However if you want more information then you can check this link also you will get more information here Lacie external hard drive is not getting detected in the computer.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone. Looking at the various solution I thought the process must be complicated. Eventually I tried with the one solution at a time and it worked out very well for me. What I did was downloaded the driver for the hdd and installed it in the computer. Upon that I activated some services which were disabled earlier. So I got some very important information here. Thanks a lot for the efforts that you have given in.