Thread: Large sound on hard drive

Large sound on hard drive

What can you say if your hard drive also starts to make the noise here? I have seen that the hard drive starts making something like clicking sound here. It has started recently so I thought that it will be better to ask for the suggestion here. It was at first going on occasionally but know I have seen that it is getting on repeatedly here. Also I have seen that the Computer here is also getting locked here. Any suggestion on this. What can the cause of the issue? Please come up with the suggestion soon here. Please let me know what can be done here.

Re: Large sound on hard drive

How old is your hard disk. Is it more than 5 or 6 years; if no then let me tell you that you can have it replaced and also if the system of your was an assembled one then you will have this done within the warranty here. Please do this and let me know if what I have said here is true. If your hard disk in older than this then let me tell you that it will be better if you can bring in the new hard disk for you in this case.

If you all do not know what is the clicking sound that you are having on your hard disk then it is the result of some mechanical fault. The issue can be because of the head that is actually trying to read some of the bad sectors that are made on the hard disk. Well it happens as the time passes. Or the other reason that may have caused the issue is the dust. Dust particles may have got settled on the hard disk platters and hence the data on the hard disk cannot be read or cannot be written on it there.

Well let me tell you that if you are able to hear the CLIKING sound or some loud sound from the hard disk then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can have the hard disk in your case there replaced as it seems to me that this will for sure will cause you trouble in the near future. On the quick note it will be really better if you can have the backup of the data. If you are under the warranty then please make use of that and if not see for an expert and seek his suggestion in the matter. See if he can repair it with some sort of software there.

The uneven clicking or chunking noise frequently points toward that in reality the hard drive of yours is suffering from physical damage. Well the issue that you are getting here may be because of the following four factors: Head Crash or Bad Sectors or Mechanical Faults or Virtual Memory Paging. So let me tell you that in first two cases the only solution is the replacement of the hard disk and if you want you should make that at the earliest here.

Well in case of the sound that you get out of the Hard Drive in reality the only solution is to have the replacement and that is the only and the sure shot solution here. So in case if you want to try for some other things then you can try to disconnect all the unused devices on your system. Devices like Floppy Drives, USB Modems from the PSU or SMPS. After that if you want you can have the high rated PSU or SMPS so that the voltage drops can be avoided. And after that see if you can also see for the PSU connectors and see if that are well established there.