Thread: compaq presario V3166AU refuses to boot

compaq presario V3166AU refuses to boot

I’ve brought a Compaq Presario V3166AU laptop and I’m using 256 mb video card in it. I’ve not used my laptop for a few days. Now, when I started my laptop it refuses to boot. When I tried to boot on second time by pressing a power button then it start I don’t understand why this problem is happening. I’ve tried many things with my laptop like taking out the battery, resetting the RAM, etc, but nothing happen. I don’t understand how to resolve this problem. Please help me and suggest some tips to resolve this problem.

Re: compaq presario V3166AU refuses to boot

It sounds like battery problem .Your laptop won’t boot because of some problem may has occurred in your battery. You have to check your battery first. Switch off your laptop and remove your battery, press the power button for more minimum 1 minutes connect the power supply and then try to switch on the laptop and later put back the battery in the laptop. Hope this work for you. If your problem not get resolve with this you can replace your battery or visit to a service center.

I think your operating system is getting problem in fetching the instruction for booting. When was you have formatted your pc ?. it may also a fragmenting problem not sure, you need to defragment your hard drive. Try to download a defragmentor from internet and install that defragmentor in your laptop. After installing that you have to defragment your hardrive. If your problem won’t solved you can go to a hardware techie to find out the cause of your problem or you can also visit to a service center.

Your system is corrupted and you need to install a new operating system in your laptop. Use a bootable cd to install or repair a file. The system may corrupt for many reason, you don’t need to find the reason. If you are confirm that your system is corrupted then install the os immediately. Before installing new os first click on start, then run, type chkdsk and click ok. it may correct the problem, if not then you have to install a new os.