Thread: Mac Desktop Beeps 3 Times But Won't Turn On

Mac Desktop Beeps 3 Times But Won't Turn On

When I start my mac desktop computer it beeps three times. This happen every times when I start the computer and I get nothing but a black screen. I try to restart the computer again and again but nothing happen. I don’t understand this problem. Please give me some advice to resolve this problem. If possible provide me the solution of this problem , I don’t know anything about troubleshooting please help me, I’ll be very thankful to you.

Re: Mac Desktop Beeps 3 Times But Won't Turn On

I think this problem is occurring due to bad RAM. Remove RAM from motherboard and clean it and then placed the RAM again in the motherboard. If this does’nt work for you, then it may be some internal problem of RAM. The beep errors refer to a "Base 64K RAM failure”. If you get three beeps then it is definitely a RAM problem. If your RAM is under warranty period then it will get replace, but make sure that you have a RAM problem nothing else.

When computer beeps three times at the startup then it means it reading memory error, which means one of the memory sticks is bad. You have to check your RAM memory first, remove your RAM from the motherboard and clean it with some air pressure equipment and placed it into the motherboard after cleaning it. Check that your problem has resolved or not, if not, then try to ask some hardware techie it will help you.

The main reason for error beeps is a failing PSU. You have to find out first why this error beeps is occurring in post. There is not a one reason for that it may be your RAM problem or something else. A failing PSU can cause this problem but not sure. If the PSU is indeeded bad then your computer would’nt post at all. If you don’t find the exact solution of your problem then you can visit to a service center or a hardware techie.