Thread: Windows 7 RTM is unable to recognize SanDisk SD cards

Windows 7 RTM is unable to recognize SanDisk SD cards

I do not have many SD cards, but 2 x SanDisk Extreme III -2 GB - (formatted as FAT) are not recognized by Windows 7 as soon as they enter a reader Multi Memory Reader, while it contains data (. jpg and. mov) and it is perfectly usable on Win XP Pro SP3 A third oldest and least performance - Toshiba 512 MB SD card rather ordinary - (formatted as FAT) do not pose any problem about it: read / write / format. So if you guys have any idea regarding this then please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: Windows 7 RTM is unable to recognize SanDisk SD cards

I am also going through the same issue and related to this I have exchanged several emails with an "alleged technical support" SanDisk but they refuses to take this problem into consideration the pretext that windows 7 does not officially exist yet. I wonder if lucky owners of this type of SD card (cat 6 SanDisk Extreme III or equivalent!) Have this same kind of difficulties player with Windows 7 "Multi Memory Reader / USB 2? If yes, have you found a solution?

I think the problem is not with the cards, I have 4 Sandisk (and it was chance, not choice) 1GB 2GB 4GB and no problems whatsoever using the floppy disk of the notebook PC, the player from the camera or reader of HTC. However it says a lot of problems with "multi memory reader / USB 2". A user could install Windows 7 with the drive plugged in (the installation froze towards the end). Another could not open this cards with Norton Anti Virus enabled. Another was forced to reconfigure a USB port. However I found no solution because it depends on the installed software and its own configuration.

What you can try is to force a redetection of your USB ports, it just have to go into device manager and delete them all in order to force them to think, however redetection plague a mouse PS2 before, it's pretty convenient to validate the messages once disabled ports if not just DISCONNECT the USB mouse and reconnect to force redetection. This can help force the reconfiguration correct them.

My Bios is also the same one and on which I have made no changes except to disconnect drives. I connect my USB connected to the front USB Blue right at the bottom of the motherboard. Otherwise share some pbs compatibility everything works fine and I have only had one concern as standby reboots winded with very long. I managed to solve by changing the connection of my 2 drives DD1 SATA drives on 1 (red) DD2 SATA 3 (black) cd / dvd on sata 4 (black). I did not think it was important to SATA.I am using 32bit Windows 7 RCM 7100. Sorry I cannot help you more.