Thread: Unable to scan from Lexmark X4650 printer and getting error message "cannot retrieve application list"

Unable to scan from Lexmark X4650 printer and getting error message "cannot retrieve application list"

I have an issue in my printer. Actually the problem is when I have installed Lexmark X4650 at that time I get a message which was displaying me that "Required system Software Not Installed", Microsoft.NET Framework is necessary to carry on. So regarding this I went to Microsoft to download and get a message that it was previously installed on my computer. Now I am not able to get rid of the message which is telling me to obtain the software, and I am not able to obtain the printer to scan to the computer. I obtain a message on the printer that it "Unable to retrieve application list". The printer prints completely very well, but will not scan. I immediately installed the printer on a new computer and the whole thing was working fine on the old one. The only thing dissimilar is this time I am wireless. Can anyone help?

Re: Unable to scan from Lexmark X4650 printer and getting error message "cannot retrieve application list"

I have also seen this error when I was using the same printer. And at that time I when I have search regarding his so at that time I came to know that this all thing is happening because of the wrong driver package. So I am sure on this that in your case also, you are getting this is issue because of the wrong driver package has been installed in your system. So regarding this I think you have to install the driver package that comprises Productivity Studio.

Re: Unable to scan from Lexmark X4650 printer and getting error message "cannot retrieve application list"

Regarding this I have solution. So if you want then you can go for this. Here’s how you resolve it.
    1. First uninstall the Lexmark driver.
    2. Reboot the computer if it is essential. And after you uninstall, make sure that the following folders are removed: "C:\Program Files\Lexmark XXXX Series\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lexmark XXXX Series\".
    3. Install the driver package obtainable for your product. As of at the present, there is not any driver released for Windows 7 up till now. You might still check through the obtainable drivers and also see which one acquires the scanner to work correctly.
    4. Install the printer when the package download has been finished. If you face driver installations subject because of the compatibility, consider running it in compatibility mode.

I am also going through this. And it happened to me today. I presently established a Lexmark x4650, my laptop has Windows 7 and was not able to download the Productivity Studio part of their software. I contact Lexmark through their online chat and they were very cooperative. And they asked me a few question related to this. And after that they give me a link to download this. So after downloading this all the things getting will get fine. So you also refer this I am sure that you will get solution for your issue.

Recently I have Vista Home Premium and immediately installed a fresh Lexmark x4650 all-in-one. I am able to print completely when it is connected wirelessly through the printer which is internally connected to the network, but it will not be familiar with there is a scanner on it. If I attach to it via USB, it works. I have attempted to disable both the firewall and the wireless router. I am not able to see to discover anyone who Is able to print but not scan over the network. Any thoughts?