Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

SSD for Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

Hardware Peripherals

Old 08-01-2011

SSD for Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

Hi, friends I am having Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard, I am using a 500 gb wd hard disk but know I am looking to install one SSD on my computer. I want about 128 gb and there is issue of the budget because I want best for my computer. I don’t which is the best ssd because I am having very less knowledge about the ssd, so someone please help me to solve my problem.

Old 08-01-2011

Re: SSD for Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

I would like to suggest you MAXFLASH Rapstore ssd. I have the MAXFLASH Rapstore again connected to my desktop PC at home and the speed was again faster. If the cache size MAXFLASH Rapstore compares with conventional hard drives, one must also conclude, the SSD provides significantly more cache than their mechanical counterparts. The MAXFLASH Rapstore addition to the 128GB solid state disk was a SATA cable with an angled plug. For installation on my desktop PC the lead with the angled plug was actually an advantage because my Chieftech housing the hard drives and therefore takes the side of a normal SATA cables a little in the way.
Old 08-01-2011

But the Seraphina I would like to suggest you to get the Kingston SSDNow V Series 128GB SSD 128GB. Because this ssd have best features from the other same range SSD:
  • Serenity - Technical support 24x7 with a guarantee of 3 years
  • Size - 2.5 inches
  • Interface - SATA 1.5 Gbps and 3 Gbps
  • Capacity - 64 GB, 96 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB
  • Dimensions - 69.85 x 100 x 9.5 mm
  • Weight - 128 - 151 grams
  • Storage Temperature - -40 to 85 ° C
  • Operating temperature - 0 to 70 ° C
  • Operating Vibration - 2.7 G
  • Non-operating Vibration - 20 G
Old 08-01-2011

My suggestion is the Falcon is distinguished in that it uses a 64 MB cache. With a capacity of 128 GB, it offers to some of the same data, such as the recently tested vertex and has been using a Indilinx controller. So here span FSAS duel is expected. G. Skill has with the Titan and Falcon series already established some SSD drives of varying size and power in the market. The Falcon II G. skill has been a development of the first generation in the trade.
Old 10-01-2011

The ultra drive GX (MLC) of Super Talent, which is also based on a Indilinx controller. This is quite obviously the performance model of the company. Super Talent offers models with SLC and MLC flash. For this test we have been a drive with MLC flash and a capacity of 128 GB provided. In addition, capacities of 64 GB and 256 GB are available. This product offers a data sheet super talent in pdf format for download. The models with higher capacity are designed for higher performance. Although the drive has in our tests, the manufacturer's specified throughput of 260 MB / s are not achieved, it provides strong throughput results and an appealing PCMark Vantage Application Performance.
Old 12-01-2011

My Patriot Inferno 120 GB is excellent. Very easy to install. EXTREMELY happy with performance. I installed Windows 7 on it and use my 2TB raid for data storage (movies, music, game files...) Windows starts up in 20 seconds and shuts down in 5.

I would suggest getting a SSD of at least 60GB. If you go to a website like Newegg you can see alot of reviews (and prices) as you look at SSD drives.

Also, since that motherboard has GSATA3 (sata ports 6 and 7) you might consider a GSATA3 capable SSD, for even more performance. SATA2 works very well and it's the BEST upgrade I've EVER made for my computer.

Good Luck!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,