Thread: ASUS Essence STX: Getting Annoying sound after plugging with analog RCA port

ASUS Essence STX: Getting Annoying sound after plugging with analog RCA port

I have purchased the ASUS Essence STX one month ago. I am using the same with the headphone of mine. Today morning i tried to connect with the external monitor. After connecting i got very loud and crackling sound. The sound becomes more as the CPU usage increases. I have been tried lost of things but it did not make any difference in the situation. Let me know whether there defect in the card. Please help me out from this annoying sitution. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: ASUS Essence STX: Getting Annoying sound after plugging with analog RCA port

I am unable to find out why this particular problem is occurring on the computer of yours. well I want to entire hardware configuration of the computer. can you tell me which operating system do you have installed on the computer. which speakers do you have installed on the computer? do you have install all the necessary drivers on the computer of yours? finally tell me about the headphone which you have installed on the computer.

Re: ASUS Essence STX: Getting Annoying sound after plugging with analog RCA port

Well I have done lots of research work for this particular problem and I have concluded the following the thing which I wanted discuss with you. The thing Xonar Essence STX is not designed for the using with direct connection with using the active studio monitors through unbalanced connection. But still I ma wondering that why this particular audio card is working like this. There should be improvement in the performance of the sound card.

There is one thing which I have understood completely after facing such annoying problem on the computer of mine. well I have found the reason why number of sound card manufacturer are making external USB or Firewire audio devices with using the balanced or unbalanced connection. Why because they are not located inside of the computer. they are simply working as a standalone unit on the computer.

Well I am having a couple of solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours. in the situation of mine I have added an amplifier in the middle so it can be connected as it is mentioned below.
    Xonar:RCA (unbalanced) <----> Amp:RCA (unbalanced)
    Amp: TRS (balanced) <----> HS80M: TRS/XLR (balanced)
    Another thing you can do is to adding Mixer in the middle as it is described in the above mentioned thing. I am hoping that the instruction which I have provided would be useful to you.

After doing quick googling I have found root cause of the problem. Well I have noticed that it was not te fault of the sound card EMI rather then it was happening due to electrical current which has been feed to the monitor of the AC power. Well this particular issue is well known as Ground Loop and it does happen frequently with the AV equipments. So I am sure that you have understood why this particular problem is occurring on the computer.

Let me know the thing which are provided over here helped you to solve the matter or not. Well I am suggesting that you should go for USB or Fireware sound card rather than using the Xonar. There are well known brands are available in the market which you can get and use the same on the computer. you can search for the same on the internet to get the information regarding the sound card which is suitable for the requirement of yours.