Thread: I want to use Sata 3 Crucial SSD on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

I want to use Sata 3 Crucial SSD on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

I am having a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard on my desktop system which has Sata port. In recent times I have purchased a new Sata 3 Crucial SSD however the issue is it does not get notice by Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard. I have attempted the similar thing a number of times on this however it is giving the similar issue every time. I am running Windows XP operating system on this computer. Please assist me to get out from this issue.

Re: I want to use Sata 3 Crucial SSD on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

You have to make sure that you have sufficient Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard drive slots free to install another hard drive. Many PCs merely come with two GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard slots: one for the main hard drive plus one for the CD or DVD drive. If the entire of your GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard slots are busy, you will either require to sacrifice the utilize of one of the drives; then you have to attach multiple drives on a single ribbon cable the cable must have three connectors, rather than two; or attach a PCI-adapter containing extra GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard slots.

You have to buy a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R -to-SATA motherboard adapter. A SATA motherboard adapter will permit you to hook up your new drive to the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard by occupying an unfilled Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R slot. a number of adapters will as well come with a power cable as well as a data cable. make sure the condition prior to purchase to confirm the adapter is well-matched with your CPU as well as operating system.

It appears like your computer does not have the good hard drive driver because of which it might not be receiving detected by the operating system. I advocate you to install the correct driver initial as well as then make sure that it obtain detected or not. I have seen such issue many times on my windows vista machine. In fact I utilized to share my hard drive with one of my friend while I have observed many error like this. Usually drivers were the one making the issue even I have installed the similar drivers last point in time. I do not recognize regarding its strange behavior however as my issue utilized to obtain resolved, I by no means thinking regarding its strange behavior.

First, make sure you have the SSD plugged into the GSATA3 port on the motherboard, slot 6 or 7. Next, make sure your BIOS has the GSATA controller (enabled) and (IDE) or (ACHI) selected as per the instructions of the SSD. (I think XP will need the ACHI option.)

Now, since the GSATA3 ports 6/7 use "Marvell" drivers you'll have to load those motherboard drivers once XP starts.

Reboot computer and install/update firmware SSD drivers if any. Check the SSD manufacturer website for those latest drivers.

Personally, if you are going to spend big dollars on a SSD (especially a GSATA3!) then you should use Windows 7. It has TRIM support for SSD's. Also, move or disable your page file as well as some other things that help optimize Windows for SSD. Do a search for SSD Optimization and that will get you going.

SSD's are GREAT!

Good luck.
    Last edited by Ooomwizard; 12-01-2011 at 10:22 PM.