Thread: Static power in the front panel

Static power in the front panel

I have got a desktop system, My system is very old , I have been using it since 4 years , I have got Windows xp operating system installed in my system , since a few days it is giving me a lots of issues, whenever I try to touch the front panel of the system I get a slight shock , some times I get scared and do not turn it on because of my younger cousins who are all school kids and lurk around the system whenever it is turned on . So if any one knows how can I fix this issue then I am waiting his or her response.

Re: Static power in the front panel

You just said that your system is quite old and sometime you get shock from the front bezel or the front panel, I think it has nothing to do with your old system , it is because there will be some spare wire touching inside the cabinet box , so if youhave got a bit of knowledge about the hardware and can open the cabinet yourself then open it and and look for the loose connection .

Well I contradict that part that post which is posted in the above post, it says that it has no relevancy with the old system , but I think it is due to your old motherboard if you do not want that static power to get emitted from your system then I think you should change your system board , along with that you can change your processor and upgrade the RAM as well, the I do not hink you will face this sort of issue.

Well if you ask me the issue is not in your system at all , but it is with the surge protector and the wall socket . Well if observe the power cable of the system, there are three pins in there , two are for the power and the third is for the earthing , I think the socket that is required for the the earthing in the system may be damaged , so you I think you will need to install a new and then I think you your system will not emit any static power. But still if you get any issue you are most welcome to post back.

Well I did not get your question, are you telling that your system produces static power when it is turned off, if so then it is pretty obvious that it will happen. Because even a modern system will produce will consume some static energy and will be there temporarily for at least few minutes even after it is turned off. So what you need to do is whenever you open the cabinet of your system , first unplug all the cables from the back of your system then press the power button for at least 3 to four seconds , it will remove the static power that is being temporarily accumulated in the system. But still if you do not get my reply please do not hesitate to ask it again.