Thread: How to connect mouse and keyboard on single PS2

How to connect mouse and keyboard on single PS2

Actually the thing is that I am having Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P mother board and I am thinking of getting a better hardware solution for the problem I am facing. Actually the thing is that I want to connect the mouse and keyboard on the single PS2 plug. Now you will definitely ask why I need this thing because every mother board comes with two PS2 sockets one for keyboard and the other one for mouse. Now the thing is that I need this thing because I am using KVM switch for two computer systems. I think I have clearly explained the problem that I am facing. Now if you can suggest a solution for this thing then please do so. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: How to connect mouse and keyboard on single PS2

Well nice thought, till now I have not come across this kind of issue. The thing is that the mouse and keyboard works on the PS2 socket, I do not think that it will work as per your requirement. You going to use only one socket for both the operation, but it is going to create confusion between the signal of your system. I mean to say that it will be really difficult for the system to recognize which signal is coming from mouse and which signal is coming from keyboard. There are chances that I might be wrong because that is not the case in usb. I think that you should wait for the replies from other users.

There can be solution for the problem that you are facing, I am saying this because as you know that each component requires +5 and ground i.e. gnd , data and clock. So for providing signal for mouse and keyboard you need to do a rewiring for this thing. If you have this much technical knowledge then you can try for this. But if you do not have any idea related to this technical knowledge then do not try for this, because this can damage the PS2 port that you are going to use. Anyways keep looking for the solution and I am sure that you will definitely get the solution for this thing.

I think that you should go for the keyboard and mouse adapter. This is an adapter to connect a mouse and keyboard connection life ps / 2 (plump with pins), and even with an adapter could connect mice and keyboards and wireless USB. To me this seems super, except that there is for PS2 and XBOX, but only has one little problem: So it would be interesting that we could agree many people as possible to order and thus spread the cost of shipping, I think that certainly more than one is interested. Well let me know that you think, and if you are interested then you can search for the information related to this.

Let's see using a peripheral is not being a cheto is simply a more convenient way to play for someone who does not like or does not fit well in control, because you have to keep aiming and shooting you, be cheto is to use something you do not damage or automatically point, that is to be a cheto, but using a peripheral like you to use mouse and keyboard but it never will be cheto. By the way I have it and is a past is like if you would be using the computer but on TV and more comfortable on the couch.

Indeed I do not think that using a peripheral like this one more advantage to anyone actually know a colleague who gives the command to another wave soup with this adapter, so I do not think it's decisive. More decisive is the fact that for not having picked up a console in my damn life will not be able to play FPS without getting killed in 0.2seg. Anyway do not intend to sow controversy, only to find people who also want to buy it to share shipping costs, which are not few, but I see the end I'm going to have to buy my own