Thread: CPU cooler Corsair H50 vs H70

CPU cooler Corsair H50 vs H70

I have read about the H50 & H70 cpu cooler and now I am confused which to buy. So I am expecting you people to help me out of this. I have collected some information from web but I think that is not enough for me to decide between these two coolers. So please provide more information (as possible) due to which it can be easy for me to make the decision between the CPU coolers. Also I want to know about the pump capacity and ventilation of these coolers. I think that I am clear with my needs, and hoping some notes from you members soon.

Re: CPU cooler Corsair H50 vs H70

Corsair equips the H70 with two 120-mm fans in push-pull configuration. The Corsair-labeled fans operate at a maximum speed of 2,000 rpm and can be manually throttle to 800 rpm (the included adapter, the speed reduced to about 1,400 rpm). PWM fan support, unfortunately, not their connection is made via 3-pin fan cable. Despite the downward strongly limited speed range of the serial fan of H70 in order to convince their noise character in single operation. For maximum speed still coming up with a somewhat light engine noise, the fans surprise, moreover, with a very homogeneous country skiing and small air handling noise, even at high speeds. Over the entire work area do not interfere with grinding or chatter noise the sound, so that already from 1.200 U / min down to the very pleasant quiet operation respectively can be certified. Subjectively silently from typical distances act then the fan at minimum speed of 800 rpm. In typical double operating speeds above the 1.600er brand is critical, as the noise intensity and add just down the drive systems whistling. Sensitive users are attacking here and more on the minimum speed back.

While the pump unit at the H50 or competing products made another negative attention as a source of noise to him that could Corsair banish this evil from the H70 almost completely. min even at maximum pump speed of 1,400 rpm from the liquid pump is only a slight clacking is heard, that if this is possible reduction in the operating speed without much loss in performance, as will later be almost completely extinguished. Thus, the H70 is now prepared at least from the point of view for very low pumping systems. Metrological assessment of the fan volume, each of which relates to the fans in a single operation underlines our sensibilities. In reference to the applied speed, the Corsair fans work quietly and relatively homogeneous. In a double operation, depending on the speed add up to two (low speed) to five (high speed) db (A) to do so. Based on air speed, the air flow per hour can be estimated as a function of speed. The 120-mm fan on the Corsair series H70 with an outer radius of 5.8 cm and a rotor radius of 2.0 cm each have a through-flow area of about 93.1 cm ². This results in at maximum speed of free-standing 2,000 rpm and measured 16.0 km / h air speed (assuming this was uniform across the cross-sectional area) is a estimated airflow of 149 m³ / h per fan (the manufacturer: approximately 104 m / h at maximum speed).

As an introduction to the performance study of the H70 will serve us a direct comparison with the previous model H50. Corsair itself speaks of significant performance gains of more than ten Kelvin. According to our measurements at overclocked and not overclocked CPU, we can certify the H70 with its much thicker radiator and the smaller, quieter pump unit, in fact, a decent performance increase. This, however, goes to a lion's share to the account of the second fan. For heavily overclocked CPU and high speeds, we can measure between single and double ventilated ventilated H50 H70 quite a CPU core temperature difference of about ten degrees Kelvin.

If both structures, however, only covered with a fan series that put results together very closely. Specifically, the H50 is even with its narrow heat exchanger at low speeds below 1,200 rpm is something better than the H70. Only at very high air velocities can narrow capillary of the H70 be adequately ventilated so that a performance advantage results for H50. The DC-pump unit of the Corsair H70 operating at nominal applied voltage of twelve volts at 1,400 rpm and generates a light here, only very faint systems or direct ear Clack noise stop striking. As the pump is operated via a conventional 3-pin fan connector including speed signal power is to reduce noise a simple lowering of the applied operating voltage is possible (such as with a normal fan control). Such a reduction is of course associated with a reduction in performance of the entire cooling system, as we prove in a short series of measurements.

At moderate thermal loads without overclocking the processor (standard mode), the reduction of pump speed impact at constant fan speed limited impact on processor temperature. Here, the H70 already operates from approximately 1,000 rpm and almost silent with almost no performance hit. Only when abundant Overclocking (Performance mode) and very low speeds, a significant temperature increase is expected. Who in comparison to the H50's predecessor already very quiet unit pumps the H70 still regards as too loud, can improve speed by reducing their light so happy yet, without losing disproportionately large cooling power reserves. Traditionally we use for evaluating the performance of our test subjects reference fan of different power classes to represent the performance the cooler with comparable conditions and ventilation over. For CPU-cooler in the 120-mm format, the following three reference fan used.

Our experience from the comparison between H50 and H70 are confirmed with single reference ventilation. Both designs are almost on a level of performance, the H50 has tended to lower speeds ahead, while the H70 is benefiting from a more powerful ventilation. In reference to the high-end air coolers make both hydro-variants, a good figure and position themselves in front of the narrow field charts. With double-ventilation and an overclocked CPU, the H70 in their element. While a lower fan speed or the air cooler in the lead, they can put in the upper rpm range a new record. With the H70 series ventilation may very well set the scene. However, as previously mentioned, they can play out their potential only at very high speeds and breaks, truly 1400-1200 rpm in reference to the tested air coolers, an exceptionally strong. Corsair comes with the H70 a remarkable succession of the popular H50, which comes up in some places with pleasing improvements, put in other places but their leader is easy. The most significant step forward made the new pump and cooling unit. Shrunk considerably in their dimensions and thus space ergonomic in its operational capability, it operates much quieter and more harmonious than the previous model, laying the foundation for a good evaluation. The possibility of comfortable speed throttling and thus further reduce the noise level barely influenced by cooling also like as much as the movable tube connections.