Thread: Display of the TV is not working properly when the laptop is connected to the TV

Display of the TV is not working properly when the laptop is connected to the TV

I have recently switched my operating system of the laptop to the Linux mint and I found out that it was working fine. I use my laptop to browse the internet and also sometimes I connect my laptop to the tv. Well it was working fine earlier. Recently after changing the operating system I have observed that the display of the laptop appears to be in color while that of the tv appears in black and white. Now why does this happen? I had connected to the s-video port of the tv the same when I used to connect it earlier. So if you are having any idea then let me know.

Re: Display of the TV is not working properly when the laptop is connected to the TV

Well it looks as if there is any problem with the video card. Have you tried checking the video card and have you tested it. If the video card is in the fault then you must better try replacing it. Once you have done the replacement check with the new video card. If the same problem persists then there can be a problem with the drivers of the video card. However you try with this suggestion and let me know if you have got the necessary solution.

Re: Display of the TV is not working properly when the laptop is connected to the TV

If you are not using the Debian edition or If you are using the Julia edition or any edition which is earlier to the julia edition. Then you must type the following command in the terminal jockey-gtk. On typing this command you must get the list of the probable drivers for the video card. Do install them accordingly and your problem will be solved. So do go ahead with this solution it will definitely help you.

If you are using the Debian edition then I have a better solution for you. What you can do is download the smxi command from its particular website In the internet. Once you have got the command then you have to run the sgfxi command in the terminal. On running of such command you will get the list of drivers for your particular driver card. You can install them and then try connecting your laptop to the tv. You will definitely get the result.

Hey thanks everyone for the useful solutions that you have provided. Talking about the video card well it was not its fault. Possibly the video card’s driver had some problem but it has sorted out now with the help of your suggestion. Well I run a debian edition of the linux so that’s why the steps specified under it has helped me. Your suggestions have really helped me. Appreciate your efforts.