Thread: Acer aspire d255 freezing

Acer aspire d255 freezing

I’ve brought a new acer aspire d255 laptop few months back. Laptop is working fine till two months but after that my laptop started freezing. When I start my laptop, few minutes he works perfectly but after that it freeze, my mouse and keyboard also not work. I don’t understand why this problem is occurring with my laptop. I had recently buy the laptop and its new. Can you please tell me why this problem is occurring and how to get rid out of this. Please help me.

Re: Acer aspire d255 freezing

It feels very bad something like this happens with your new brand laptop. Well, one of the most common causes of freezing and locking up is faulty memory and another is overheating. Check the following things in your laptop:
    Check the memory by running Memcheck.
    Type mem in the search box after clicking start and run the diagnostics.
    Check the vents are not blocked with fluff etc and the exhaust is blowing warm air.

I think this is BIOS problem, you have to check your BIOS setting first. If everything is perfect than update your BIOS. May be this problem is occurring due to non updation of BIOS. You can update your BIOS by logging into website of your laptop. You have to enter your laptop model no. to download the updates. After downloading that updates you have to install it in your system . if this does’nt solve your problem better you go to a service center.

If your laptop is new than you don’t need to worry. Because you have a warranty if anything goes wrong with your hardware parts you’ll get it from a service center. If you think this is a software issue than you have to try more things to find out the problem. I think there is some thing wrong with you RAM. You must run Memtest86+ to test your RAM. load it from the link on my sig. Get the ISO file and burn it with ImgBurn or Nero into a blank CD. This would run without the need of Windows. Try to do this, if nothing happens go to a software techie.

It may be a RAM problem or somethimg else I’m not sure. Remove all the peripheral connected to your laptop. After disconnecting wait some time and then try to connect all the peripheral to the laptop. If this not work for you, then there will be some other problem which cannot resolve very easily. Visit to a service center or some technician to resolve your issue. hope it works for you.