Thread: Laptop shuts down and says replace battery?

Laptop shuts down and says replace battery?

I had buy a hp laptop two years back, everything is fine with my laptop till now, but suddenly one day my laptop shuts down and before shutting down, my laptop popup with a black screen saying that “replace battery ”. this problem is happening again and again. I don’t understand why this happening. I never face this problem before this. Can you please tell me why this problem is occurring in my laptop. I’ll be thankful to you. Please help me.

Re: Laptop shuts down and says replace battery?

I think something is wrong in your power setting of your laptop. You need to check your battery power setting of your laptop. To check and edit your power setting follow this steps:
    Click Start and type gpedit in the search box and select the result from the program. Click on/expand administrative templates and select the last item all settings. In the all setting details you will find “low battery notification level” and “low battery notification action”. In the top lefts panel you will see a ” edit policy” Select that and click on enable. Then you will need to set the percentage for warning. Select the percentage like 10% to set in your battery and click ok. Next move to “low battery notification action” select it and enable the action that you prefer. Restart your laptop and check the effect. If your problem is not solved you can visit to service enter.

You must check your power setting in your laptop. Due to change of setting, this problem is occurring to you. You can check your laptop power setting in control panel. There is a option of power setting. You have to Adjust your power setting if its change. First make sure that there is any changes in setting, if yes, then you have to edit the setting and adjust it according to you, if not then tere will some other problem which causing this issue. You must show some techie or visit to a service center.

First find out that it is a problem of a battery or something else. If the problem is occurring in battery then do not worry it is not a big problem you can sort it out easily. If your battery has been damaged or been old than change your battery without taking any risk. Because may be this problem will change into some bigger problem in future, better you change it. If you really want to know what’s wrong with your laptop than better you visit to a service center they will help you in much better way.

I think your battery lifespan is getting over and now, its time to replace your battery. It depend on the use of your laptop, if you are using a laptop 12 or 14 hrs a day than its obvious that your battery life will get over very soon. So think accordingly, worrying unnecessarily will not solve your problem. If you are sure that you not use your laptop much than check the power setting of your laptop. If its ok then better you visit to a service center.