Thread: Technical features of Corsair H70 Liquid CPU Cooler

Technical features of Corsair H70 Liquid CPU Cooler

I am thinking to buy Corsair H70 Liquid CPU Cooler. Since, I am having high rig, I am thinking that cooler too plays an important role. So before buying it, I want to take your advice. I am using my system mainly for high graphic game. And I want some information about the technical features of Corsair H70 Liquid CPU Cooler. If you members think that this is not good cooler, then please suggest me something else. More notes about the Corsair H70 Liquid CPU Cooler would be really appreciable.

Re: Technical features of Corsair H70 Liquid CPU Cooler

The Corsair H70 comes in a nicely designed, well-stocked cardboard. In addition to the associated radiator / pump unit includes the two 120-mm fan with Corsair label, assembly materials for all current AMD and Intel platforms, including a small installation overviews, and two power adapters and a Y-cable for dimming respectively, power supply fan and pump . A supply of thermal compound is not included, unfortunately. Only for first use a thin layer of high-quality thermal paste is already Pre-applied to the heatsink. The following are some technical features -
    • Corsair H70 processor cooler liquid-based
    • Pre-filled, maintenance-free circuit
    • Combined heat absorption, expansion tank and pump
    • 3-pin power connector, cable length 16 cm
    • Fine aluminum fins and capillary
    • Fans on both sides mounting options
    • Maximum of 2,000 rpm (1,400 rpm with adapter rpm)
    • Y-cable for simultaneous connection
    • Compatible with Intel Socket 775, 1156, 1366 and AMD Socket AM2, AM3

Like the previous version is also the Corsair H50 H70 represents a not further specified with cooling liquid pre-filled, maintenance-free cooling system for the processor, which can not be extended to cool other components. A simple circuit this CPU cooler including pump station and reservoir as heat absorption and the radiator with double ventilation as a heat exchanger are separated. When Radiator Corsair puts on a single model with a size of 152 x 120 x 48 millimeters. Thus, the heat exchanger is more than twice as thick as that of H50 (150 x 120 x 22 mm), resulting in a tangible benefit to cooling surface. However generate close down fins and capillary, with its low spaces (fin spacing about 0.8 to one millimeter) has a great resistance to the flow of air, so we expect the H70-construction at lower fan speeds relatively large power losses.

The fact is countered by the standard double ventilation. While the H50 was equipped with a 120-mm fan, the H70 is now enjoying a dual placement in push-pull configuration. The fans are conventionally fixed with four screws, washers combinations on the radiator and find no Vibration isolation. They work with a maximum of 2,000 rpm and can be manually throttling up to 800 rpm (this is also their starting speed). PWM is no longer in contrast to the H50-ventilation. Instead, Corsair supplies with two power adapters, which cause a reduction in the min speed to just under 1,400 rpm. Among the most important and impressive new features of the H70 also the CPU cooler is one with integrated pump and reservoir fluid. Compared to the previous model, the new unit with a height of only about two centimeters is now much flatter and thus space-saving designs. The heat absorption is will remain on a solid, level floor plate of untreated realized copper, which was prepared for first use with thermal compound. Washed by the cooling liquid inside structure of the cooler is kept fairly simple and consists of many thin copper fins. Traditional with a 3-pin fan connector to power to be operated, mechanical pump unit works with up to 1,400 rpm and process, in comparison to the H50 much quieter to work. Here lies, in our view one of the biggest improvements to the previous model, the pump at full speed but acted very visible.

The account of the dimensions of the design more complex assembly of the Corsair H70 is done in three stages. First, cross-platform motherboard with detached using the provided attached to the top rear panel accessory seeing one frame to the base, which is dispensed onto the solid tightening the four screws yet. The next step, the thus prepared motherboard be reinstalled into the case. Well positioned to the H70-scale ventilation on a radiator including the 120mm case fan position and fixes the construction to the four fan screws in the whole of the housing wall. This requires some dexterity and patience, as both fan and radiator must be measured simultaneously by the screws.

After completing the steps mentioned by the 'Christina 80', then position as the thermal paste provided with CPU cooler on the processor. His fixation is with a slight twist and snap on the previously installed frame and the final tightening of the four frame screws. Finally, the power supplies of the pump and the fan connected accordingly and the system is operational. The Corsair H70 is fundamentally built so that fans cool air from the housing exterior to the interior by the heat exchanger carrying both. However, with this configuration, the air temperature inside the chassis of a few Kelvin, so in other areas essential to provide sufficient hot air exhaust, such as a-exhausting fan on the front panel or in the lid, since otherwise the remaining components suffer.

To obtain the most meaningful picture of the cooling characteristics of the subjects, we test the coolers in various CPU modes that target due to different clock speeds and operating voltages and case ventilation intensities manifold tasks to the respective products. Apart from that we utilize, in resemblance to our processor tests, the CPU load on Prime95 back, the occurrences of the SmallFFT tests are recurrently conducted in the highest utilization Core i7 CPU test out eight. It goes every half-hour test run forward to the thermal equilibrium a warm-up period of 45 minutes. In these system temperatures from Everest diagnostic tool to document, this is used to assess the technique of core temperature maximums over the entire test run.