Thread: Power Mac G5 Power Supply is not working properly

Power Mac G5 Power Supply is not working properly

My basement swamped last week as well as rose regarding a quarter inch into my Power Mac G5, merely wetting my Power Supply. As a result I opened it up in addition to saw the model of the power supply Apple P/N: 614-0384 1000w MAX. Though, while I search for it online, it is advertised as a power supply for processors. My Mac is a Dual 2.0 GHz. Do I actually require this costly power supply? I saw others of regarding 400w to 600w for cheaper. Would these be well-matched with my Mac? Other than one thing I did observe was that my present, as well as dead, power provider has these "conductors" that attach keen on the motherboard which I merely observe in the 1000w power supply.

Re: Power Mac G5 Power Supply is not working properly

To keep away from electrocution, shut down the PC. Do not open the PC or try to install any items within it as the PC is on. To keep away from being shocked stay as a minimum 10 minutes to permit the PC's interior components to cool. Take out the entire the cables, as well as the power cables previous to opening the unit. Raise the tab to disengage the side panel. The panel is supposed to fall out. If the panel does not argue by itself pull a small from the edges.

Turn on the major power button on the back of the PC plus after that effort to turn on the PC. If detail come into view on the screen as well as the hard drive spins up (whirring noises be supposed to approach from the PC as the drives as well as fans turn on), after that devices are getting power from the power supply. If devices are getting power, the issue might be suitable to your video card or motherboard or in recent times installed hardware such as mismatched random access memory.

You have to Turn off the PC plus employ a screwdriver to take away the screws along the right side of your PC's case. Set the case panel aside as well as after that make sure the power supply's power connections. The power supply will be situated in the upper back place of the case as well as be supposed to have power cables associated to the motherboard, the entire optical drives as well as the entire hard drives. If power cables are not associated, confident devices may not be getting power.

From my opinion you have to attempt to turn on the PC by means of the case open. If no lights turn on the motherboard as well as no fans or drives spin up, devices are not getting power. Plug the power cable into a dissimilar electrical outlet as well as after that attempt to turn the system on. An awful outlet or power strip be able to reason for power failure.

Disconnect the entire the power supply's cables, take off the power supply swelling screws on the back of the case, take out the power supply from the computer as well as after that mount plus attach a secondary power supply. If the PC workings in general by means of the secondary power supply, the unique power supply is likely burned out or insufficient to power the system.