Thread: Which motherboard is best- AGP or PCIe

Which motherboard is best- AGP or PCIe

I have a good specification for my computer
    • Motherboard- ABIT 3rd Eye
    • RAM--- CORSAIR DDR SDRAM,Capacity 2 x 512 Mb,Clock Frequency 400 MHz,1 Gb (2x512Mb) PC3200
    • processor-- Athlon 64 3200+ 2000 MHz 512 KiB 1000 MHz 10x 1.35/1.40 V 67 W Socket 939
    • graphic card---NVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP8x 512mb DDR2 TV DVI
    • power supply unit--- X-POWER 450W

Right now I am looking to change my motherboard due to some faults in my old one. Now my query is what motherboard would be the best for my specification? Should I buy a one which has AGP or PCIe? I am looking forward for a overclocking also. So which motherboard will you suggest me?

Re: Which motherboard is best- AGP or PCIe

I think that for a cheap means low cost option I urge you to go for AGP and use your all other components with it. If you want to play some graphic rich games then get the PCI-E one. The reason is that the new graphic card will work on PCI-E well. If you are not looking for the replacement for GPU then not compulsory. You already have a good graphic card. You can use all other components with PCI-E capable motherboard except GPU.

The advantage of PCI Express is that it is capable to grip a superior information throughput than AGP. PCI Express presents performance of equipped to 4 times quicker than the highest AGP slot. It’s comparatively innovative expertise; moreover it isn’t being utilized toward its complete prospective so far. Even though, we forecast that games freed in the subsequently 1-2 years will compose occupied make use of PCI-E technology. An additional benefit of PCI-E is you are capable attach further than single graphic card to your PC for superfluous performance. This is not possible by way of AGP, because a motherboard can merely for ever contain single AGP slot.

As far as my suggestion concerns choosing PCI Express at this moment, it will put aside you the upgrade afterward when AGP turn out to be outdated. One more obsession to remain in brain is not to puzzle PCI-E with its elder brother PCI. An extensive instance before you would attach your graphics card from end to end a PCI slot on top of your motherboard. This is extremely sluggish evaluated to present day’s principles, and is in no way used to any further extent.

We are over and over again inquired if graphics card manufacturers will create one more AGP card or else why don't they build them any longer. The petite reply is that improvement to a PCIe stage offers an advantage that AGP cannot distribute, that’s why card sellers motivated from AGP toward PCIe plans in the primary position. PCI-E exploits what is described 8-bit/10-bit encoding. This resource that 8-bit data Bytes are programmed keen on a 10-bit communication, which upholds signal reliability. Furthermore, PCI-E is bi-directional, which denotes it is capable to transmit single bit in every one way at the identical instance.