Thread: Power Supply fried No Video, No Beeps please help

Power Supply fried No Video, No Beeps please help

This morning I was really shocked to see the Power Supply of mine getting fried here. I really do not know what can be the case for this. I saw smoke coming put all around and so I just open up the case and then separated all the PSU from the other parts there. I went and bought the new power supply unit and when I tried to connect it here I can see all the fans on the processor, Graphic Card and extra fans spinning but I really cannot see the videos coming up there. What can be the issue for this here? Also I have noticed that the beep sound that I used to get after the system getting started is also missing here. Please let me know what I can do here so that I can be out of the issue. Any help in this matter will be really appreciated here.

Re: Power Supply fried No Video, No Beeps please help

Well it seems that the Graphic Card that you are having there must have gone dead and hence you are not able to see the video on the SYSTEM. If you want you can try to insert the VGA cable that you have connected in the Graphic Card to the VGA port of the Mother board and see if that can help a bit there in your case. Try to make this change there and let me get informed about it here. If you will be luck enough then I am sure that the video and the sound will come up again here on your system and if you cannot see the video coming here then you will be required to see for whole system to be upgraded and see if you can make budget for that. That is really thing that can be done.

I am of the opinion that your graphic card and mother board both are fried and if you want to get rid of the issue then it will be really nice if you can just have the replacement done; well if you are under the warranty then I think that it might get covered under this. See for that and if this does not get covered under the warranty then you will have to get the new components here. Really there is nothing that we can suggest you after looking the case here.

You have mentioned that the system was restarting here so I think that there are some chances with which you can proceed here. You can try to do the following things and see if that can help a bit there. Pull out the DVI cable out of the video card and then connect it to the on-board video. Do this and let me know if you were able to get this working in the right manner. And if you want to go further with this then you can uninstall all the components that are connected on the system and then go on installing the components one by one on the system. You can refer the manuals that you must have got at the purchase of the parts there. After you do these see if you can get the video running there? Please do not connect the Graphic Card there.

Looking at the case here let me tell you that the case of yours is under the damage components and let me tell you that you cannot get the warranty in this case. Well if it would have been the system from the company then there would have been chances that you might get the parts replaced but you have mentioned that you had replaced the PSU and that did not work. So I think that you will have to know look for the new Graphic Card and the Mother Board. In case of the Assembled PC the warranty is distributed and if you want to give this a try then you can try it for once; if you will be lucky you might get the part replaced but really to speak the chances are very very low. Let me know what you actually did.

I was also caught with the similar issue and I was not under the warrant here. SO I was thinking of going for the upgradation. So I went for it. I even talked about the same with the shopkeeper and he told that he will make the discount for me if I will make the exchange here. So I was glad with this. Please see if you can find something like that and get it replaced. Also on the same note let me tell you if you have plugged in the PSU there then it will be better if you can remove it from the system or else it can damage the components there.