Thread: Either a Motherboard or CPU is not responding

Either a Motherboard or CPU is not responding

If state i construct a PC, the whole lot in addition is finished and no issue except when i plug up in the power string and twirl the PC on. The computer does not exhibit whatever thing on top of the display. When I Connect a USB gadget it does not gets any connection from the motherboard. There are no lights on, on the device side by showing that it is connected. And at last when I extract the RAM and turn the PC on, there should be a beep sound but no beep representing to some extent incorrect. What could be the issue? Is it the problem of the motherboard or the CPU? Please suggest me.

Re: Either a Motherboard or CPU is not responding

First of all open the panel of your CPU case so that you can see the entire thing inside the case. Now turn on the computer I mean power up the PC. When you first turn on the power the Fan which has been connected above the processor heatsinker should turn. If it is not rotating then check the power supply to it. If it is correct and still not working, then check by attaching any other Fan to it. If the problem still continues and Fan is not functioning then assume that there must be something wrong in your motherboard. You should contact either the manufacturer or retailer for it.

If the there is nothing response from the computer or from the motherboard then I think it is the cause of the power supplier unit. You just need to recheck the power connection to the motherboard as well as inside the PSU if you can. If the voltage or capacity of the PSU is very low compared to your newly built system specification then I think you should replace it. Also check the main power supply if there is any lacking in amount. Make sure that you have connected the right pin and with proper voltage output cable to the motherboard.

If there is no beep sound even after extracting all memory or RAM sticks then I think it will not be the processor problem. It probably be the issue of the motherboard itself. Right now what you have to do is extract each single peripherals or whatever hardware devices in your CPU case and put it aside. Take a medium sized cardboard and place it in plane place. Now put the motherboard on it and reconfigure all your hardware devices there itself. Power up the motherboard and see whether it is responding or not. If it is working there then I think there could be some static issue in CPU case. For this you may need either need to alter or replace the CPU cabinet or case.

The power switch carries the power contributes awake elsewhere of standby on the way to complete power. The motherboard then ensures the voltages moreover if they are all within acceptance, the motherboard sends a 'power good' signal (the green wire that you jumpered) to the power supply. If the power contribute does not obtain this power fine indication it shuts flipside along.

If the processor has not been placed properly on the motherboard then it could lead to a problem. So you need to check the motherboard processor first. Because it is the one telling the motherboard which action should be performed and when. Also make sure that you have inserted the compatible processor to it. Check the CPU socket and ensure that it matches the compatibility with processor. One last thing to say that some defective hardware peripherals connected to motherboard may also cause this issue.

You are telling that you have just configured your computer. So I think it is still fresh. So it probably be the ran dust issue. You might have heard about the CMOS battery in motherboard and how it handles the system settings. If it is out of charge then you may not able to boot up the computer any manner. I am not sure about it. You might need to concern a good hardware technician to handle ran dust issue. check the CMOS battery in your motherboard for this kind of issue.