Thread: Automating Button Press with Hardware

Automating Button Press with Hardware

I am on a look out for a particular hardware that will easily get plugged in the usb port. What i am expecting from this particular piece of hardware is that it will allow me to automate the pressing of the button from the hardware to the on screen button. It must also have a light beam that will automatically detect the users action. So basically i am on a lookout of such hardware. I am not interested in knowing about the procedures that will allow me to connect such device. I just want a information about that particular hardware. Whether it exists or not. so if you all are having any idea of such hardware then please do get back to me.

Re: Automating Button Press with Hardware

Well looking at your situation. I cant get the exact idea for what purpose you need such device. Is it that you cant control the keywords in the keyboard or are you trying to develop some application on it. Well after reading the basic need of your query, i want to say that such type of hardware does not exist as such in the market these days. However if you need to create then you can do it yourself by some programming or so.

Well let me explain you clearly then. I am on a lookout of a hardware that will allow me to click a button on screen. Now that on screen button is a type of software that cannot be clicked by a keyboard action or the mouse. So that's why i am looking out for a hardware with a light beam. Light beam i am specifying because that will help the hardware detect my response. So basically i want to click that button on screen in response to interaction with the hardware. Hope i am clear now.

OK i got some idea of what you are planning. Let me tell you there are no such hardware as such in the market. What you can do is that to get a usb port device. You have to implement the coding in such a way that when the device is detected by the computer a program should flash in the screen. That will prompt you to click on the particular location. However these are all the type of visual basic programming code that you have to perform. However in order to click the on screen button, that is, a kind of software that you are saying. Why don't you solve it internally in the coding of the software.