Thread: Webcam is giving too dark and blank images while using Skype

Webcam is giving too dark and blank images while using Skype

I have problem that my inbuilt HP webcam. Blue light comes on when the webcam turn on. But when I am using Skype but the images is totally too dark and empty at both my end and the person I am communicating. Skype calls are working fine but with voice only. I don’t know why this is happening this is my new laptop so I don’t think that problem is in hardware. If anyone has solution so please replied.

Re: Webcam is giving too dark and blank images while using Skype

There are different reasons for this problem. In case the webcam is working well with other devices and if you are still facing problem with webcam using with Skype then the difficulty might be in the Skype. For this you can try to uninstall and again reinstall the latest drivers for webcam from device manager. Also you need to Install the most recent version of Skype and verify for driver updates for Webcam. I would also advise you to get in contact with Skype about this issue.

I think you need to first uninstalled Skype and reinstalled it again. After this you will get the popup windows which ask you that you wish to test the web camera and capture a picture. If you click on yes and then their chances of getting error which can be saying that there is no availability to capture. Then you have to check that error with that particular website then you can get exact answer as per your error. After this you can check your screen again with using Skype.

There is a special test service is available from Skype, which is will response your call. It can record ten seconds of your voice and play it again to you. For using this service you can resolve the problem. For this you need to just call echo123 to utilize the voice echo service.You can also add this to your friends list. It will allow all permission requests. You can check connection by sending message. They will echo back your messages. For getting call from Skype you can send message call me.

There can be the some basic thing for creating this problem you need to first, ensure there is a enough amount of light in the spot that the WebCam is trying to capture from. Low light situation may create the image appear blurry or unclear. Next, try modifying the quality of the photo in the WebCam Center application. Click on Source tab and the properties will come up. There you will get two tabs that are Advanced Settings and Device Settings.