Thread: Sony Motion Eye Webcam Low brightness on Windows 7

Sony Motion Eye Webcam Low brightness on Windows 7

I am having the sony laptop and that too have the Motion Eye Webcam on it, now the thing I that from last few days I am getting low light on it I really don’t know why this is happening. I seems to me that the White Balance, Gain, and Color are enable and it is giving the very bad output. Initially I was using the windows vista operating system and then I have upgraded the operating system to the latest windows 7, and since from the up gradation I am getting this effect from the webcam. Now what I should do to solve this issue please help!

Re: Sony Motion Eye Webcam Low brightness on Windows 7

Well I guess the settings of the webcam have reset due to the switch over from windows vista to windows 7. So what you have to do here is that just go to the start button and then select control panel and there you will find the webcam settings and then reset these fields White Balance, Gain, and Color and then see how it goes I guess you will be easily solving the issue. Actually I was also faced the similar kind of issue few days back and did the same thing to solve it. I hope that it will work for you

I guess you have by mistakenly checked a check box in the properties of the webcam which is preceded by Low Light compensation and that is the reason why you are getting this error and to solve this issue you have to uncheck the check box and to so the same you have to just right click on the webcam option and then select the properties. After that a property windows will be opened where you will see two tabs video proc Amp and camera control respectively. Now you have to select the camera control tab and at the bottom of the windows you will find the check box with Low Light compensation then you have to just uncheck it. I am sure that this will help you to solve the issue.

The only way that I guess will help you here is troubleshooting. So what you have to do here is that just insert the disk which is provided to you by the manufacturer and start trouble shooting. Actually that CD is the troubleshooting tool which will scan the whole system and then will find the affected are and also will report you what to do next. And if the problem is normal then it will fix it on its own.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to be the problem that you are facing is quite similar to me and I have also gone through this phase. And to solve this issue forever you have to seek for a help from Sony itself, so what you have to do here is that just visit the nearest customer service center of Sony and then place a complaint over there and let them know problem that you are facing in detail, I hope that they will cooperate with you and also will solve you the case.

hi gys , i have an sony vaio with motion eye camera but i did erased the kit of the webcam how can i restore it? is not in my pc anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TYNA View Post
    hi gys , i have an sony vaio with motion eye camera but i did erased the kit of the webcam how can i restore it? is not in my pc anymore
    I think it should be there in the CD that you might have got with the laptop If it is not there, see if system restore can fix this. And if you still dont get it, what you can do it Download Sony Visual Communication Camera, and install it. It should work.

i don t have a disk and that link didn t helped me i did instaled it but the camera doesn t work , i did dizactivated the webcam but now i want it back

Quote Originally Posted by TYNA View Post
    i have an sony vaio with motion eye camera but i did erased the kit of the webcam how can i restore it?
    Just install the the following driver, and it should work:
    Sony Motion Eye Video Capture Device Driver
    Alternate Link.