Thread: I just purchase a new computer, it failed to boot

I just purchase a new computer, it failed to boot

I just bought a new computer. It is not a branded system, but all things are new. I had checked the same and bought. At the time of purchase the shopkeeper showed me the system is working fine, so later on to get more performance I asked to upgrade my ram. Later on when I started at home the system does not boot at all. I do not know why. I am not so good in this. Before taking this back to the shop what can be possibilities that I can try to fix it. I think the issue can be with the ram. It works well with the old ram. There is no display on the desktop neither there is any sound. I do not want to open the box, as it can void the warranty that I got with the system. I am not going to turn this back on, but want to know that what more things can effect in future if there is any particular hardware failure, and how to fix the same.

Re: I just purchase a new computer, it failed to boot

Yes it is right to say that there can be issue with the ram. The ram might a failure. But in today's system you the system at least boot or give a beeps sound. So you must check that. Connect your pc to a proper power outlet. Then turn it own, you can hear the vibration sound of cpu fan. It is not rolling then there is no power at all. There cause behind this can be wrong power outlet or blown out psu. The first boot is performed by the BIOS at startup. This can sometimes be overridden by a configuration in the BIOS for some PCs. Check that you can access bios atleast. If not then your system is not booting at all. It can be due to improper cable connection. If the cpu does not gets proper power then the system fails to boot.

Your bios must perform a memory test to ensure that all of your hardware is fine. This test is performed automatically by the BIOS. An error message can be caused by too rapid a restart of your PC (wait few seconds and then restart your computer). Otherwise, a memory of your PC is faulty. According to the BIOS, a failure will give a series of long beeps or one long beep followed by 3 short. This means either the ram is faulty of it is not fitted properly. I will better recommend you to return the system back to the place from where you had bought. If you do any changes then you might void the warranty of the system. Check that the power supply on the back turns on when you switch on the system. You can check that by seeing on the back side. Some the power cable is damaged due to which no power reaches the system.

Beyond boot disks and other backup routines, it is determining how to identify a breakdown or a PC operating system. First I will recommend you to change the power outlet. Then turn on the system and you can see the small light blinking on the front panel. Reboot again and again to get the bios screen. The problem can also lie in the a faulty device driver. Turn off everything. Restart by repeatedly pressing the F8 key on your keyboard when your computer has finished its pre-test. This command will bring you a custom startup menu. Several options are available after that. If nothing works out then you might need a replacement of ceratin hardware of your system. Remove the ram and then try to turn on your system. It will boot and show you the bios menu.

Try to boot in Safe Mode. This command tells Windows to be limited to the minimum load to work. Once the system is running, open the Control Panel and then click System and then Device Manager. Look properly if you found any hardware that indicate the driver failure. Remove that and check back again. You can try to update the driver of that hardware. For that right-click on that device, choose Properties, and try to reinstall the driver. If this is new hardware, sound card or other device you just added, try to remove it by right-clicking on the device and select Delete. Reboot the system and then Windows will retry to install it. You can try to boot with some other bootable disc also to get more information on the hardware failure.

pC aSsEmBlEr Guest

idea Re: I just purchase a new computer, it failed to boot

1> It's 100% the ram.
    2> Proof:As u said when u put the old ram it works fine.
    3> Reason:IF the ram is bad then there is no display.
    Source:MYself

4> Does it gives any beeps sounds like 3beeps.
    5> And btw if there is no display how can he boot in safe mode or enter boot disk when he can't see what's on the screen?
    6> Dude it's just the ram problem get a new one.Every ram has lifetime warranty.and most of the problems are related to ram.

Need an assembled pc in mumbai / Branded buying guidence
    email me@pcassembler.mumbai@gmail.com

Run memtest. This tool scan your ram for error. If at least you can enter the bios menu then it is possible to create a bootable disc. There are lots of live cd which offers you tons of tool that you can load. Like backtrack disc. They offer different types of hardware diagnostic tools. Sometime on new motherboard the same is also offers. Run the diagnostic and it will tell you about the inappropriate failure. Last Known Good Configuration is yet another method to restore Windows to a previous state when the appearance of a serious problem. Diagnose a hardware failure can be a pain to the right than any of the components of the computer could cause. Memory is the most easy part to diagnose and mostly the reason of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook View Post
    At the time of purchase the shopkeeper showed me the system is working fine, so later on to get more performance I asked to upgrade my ram. Later on when I started at home the system does not boot at all.
    It sounds like he screwed up and installed memory that is not compatible with your system. Apparently, he didn't even try to boot the machine to test the new Ram, otherwise he would have seen the problem himself and addressed it. That's SHODDY work.

Take it back and get him to make it right.