Thread: 5.1 Audio working as 2.1 Audio in Windows 7

5.1 Audio working as 2.1 Audio in Windows 7

I having the problem with the realtek HD. Its onboard audio running on Windows 7 bit 64. I have the newest drivers from realtek's website. I have all the settings accurate. 5.1 outputs are enabled in my driver CP and the windows sound CP. In both control panels the 5.1 sound outputs to every speakers. By using AC3 and media player classic, I can also effectively play 5.1 which encoded music with all speakers. Though, in every lone game I play, surround sound not working. The old and new none of them are working. These are games that have local settings for 5.1 in the options. It doesn’t matter what I try, I get 2.1 out of my games. I have tried realteks, SoundBack software for Vista, but it didn't modify a thing. I heard that Windows 7 in fact dropped support for 5.1 in lots of inheritance games, but this a difficulty I am having yet in fresh titles such as Bioshock 2 and Avatar and many more.

Re: 5.1 Audio working as 2.1 Audio in Windows 7

I think this problem occurs because of a dual boot installation, you will get two operating systems in your computer. When you start the computer, you will have the option to select which operating system you want to choose you would want to start up to. This way is the simplest way of doing a dual boot by using these two operating systems. To prevent windows XP from removing your Windows 7 System Restore Points every time windows XP is started, then check System Restore Points to prevent windows XP Dual Boot Delete to hide Windows 7 from windows XP.

I have used this trick, hope it will also work for you. For those first set the SFX to room with room alteration enabled, and get full and normal 5.1 outputs from your latest games. Taking up this kind of speaker fill stereo mix from the inheritance titles, but glad to have 5.1 in Avatar. This game is incredible with 5.1 sound and stereoscopic visuals. If windows XP Still won't dual boot for you then I think it would if you flashed windows XP first, then Windows 7, but if you don't have the patience at the instant then try another option you want.

I think there are lots of reasons for this if there is driver problem with your audio driver then you need to update your drivers from the official website. If problem with windows driver then upgrade your windows driver from those official sites. You can also check that driver or sound cars in another computer then you can find out where is the exact problem is. After that at last you are not resolve with this problem then you need to contact with the service center.