Thread: No sound from Boston Acoustics BA735 speakers

No sound from Boston Acoustics BA735 speakers

Last night while browsing across the internet I found new updates of MacAfee antivirus. So I downloaded the new updates and installed it. My system was working fine after the installation of new updates. When I started the system in morning, opened the media player for playing music then I found that while playing the song there has been no sound from my Boston Acoustics BA735 speaker. I tried to restart the system so that the speaker problem may be fixed but failed. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: No sound from Boston Acoustics BA735 speakers

If you are playing the song and there is no sound from the Boston Acoustics BA735 speaker then you can troubleshoot it by updating audio driver from the device manager. To update the audio manager you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and click on start button from the desktop.
    2. After clicking on start button you need to go to Control Panel/ System and Maintenance/ Device Manager. In the Device Manager window you need to click on the View hardware and devices tab.
    3. You need to provide administrator password, after providing correct password you can precede further.
    4. You need to click on + sign to expand Sound, video and game controllers. Select properties by right clicking on Audio controller.
    5. Click on driver tab and then click on Update Driver button. Select Search automatically for updated driver software and now the driver will be updated and no sound problem from Boston Acoustics BA735 speaker will be solved.

If updating the sound driver doesn’t resolves the sound problems then you need to check set Boston Acoustics BA735 speaker as default. To set the speaker to default you need to follow the steps given below:
    • You need to click on start button and then select Control Panel.
    • Double click on sound icon to open it. You need to click on "Playback" tab, right click in window and select Show Disabled devices.
    • You need to check the list to determine if speaker is listed in that list. If speaker is listed then right click on it and choose enable.
    • Also you may select the speaker icon and click on “Set as Default” button.

You need to check the speaker connections connected into the computer system. If the speakers connections are losing then due to this lose connection sound problem may appear. If the speaker are still not working by checking the connection then there might be are problem with the sound card. You can replace the sound card and the no sound from the speaker will be resolved.

jackcruzee Guest

Use the following steps to change the audio settings to digital output. Use the steps that match your operating system.
    In Windows XP:
    1. From the Start menu, point to All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, and then click Volume Control.
    2. In the Volume Control dialog box, below the Play Control Volume slider, click Advanced.
    3. Click to select the Digital Output Only check box, and then click Close.

If updating the driver doesn’t resolve the sound problem then in that case you can delete and reinstall the original sound drivers.If there is no sound then there might be a possibility that the sound driver may have been corrupted or missing. You need to go to start/ Control Panel/ System/ Hardware/ Device Manager and in the device manager window you need to select Sound, Video and Game Controllers.You need to click on sound device and press the delete key. Provide confirmation for deleting the sound driver by clicking on yes button. Also you need to remove all the listed Audio Codec and Legacy Audio Drivers in the same way. After deleting the sound driver you need to restart the system. When the system restarts you need to install the deleted driver from the windows XP CD. Now play the sound to check if the sound problem has been resolved.