Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

HDMI or DVI image quality

Hardware Peripherals

Old 26-12-2010

HDMI or DVI image quality

On my lcd tv no hdmi connection, I have my ps3 using hdmi (ps3) - Connected dvi (tv). I have heard that the picture quality between HDMI and DVI is no difference. However, as I have connected my ps3 to my TV with a HDMI cable, I have noticed that the picture is a bit sharper. It is only because my TV has a full hd tv, and my only hd ready or on dvi? have a DVI-HDMI adapter to my tv and tried to get (that is, the HDMI cable), but the picture was not better! It may also be because that I have dvi splitter interposed one??

Old 26-12-2010

Re: HDMI or DVI image quality

Was the resolution of each 720p/1080p or was 720p and 1080p with you before the Father commercially used? Should also look out on a 1080p HD-Ready (depending on the interpolation algorithm) is not good, as are interpolated. Since there are digital signals, making a switch, and HDMI-DVI adapter nothing - either the image is displayed or not. Quality deterioration as analog is not possible - containing only (temporary) transfer failures. (For example, the image will hang or appear strange artifacts.)
Old 26-12-2010

The connectors have only a secondary use. Whether gold, etc. is all just visual bells and whistles. Transmit high-quality plug the signal is not really better; they just sit better in the bushes, and tear around so quickly. More important is actually a good cable. Although dvi / hdmi digital, but there is no error correction. If bent by excessive or somewhere is so error occur go unfiltered to the tv and consequently into the picture. The quality depends largely on the tv. Some LCDs are not very good pictures from pc to represent good, most are also problems with the resolution to transfer. May in rare cases they play over the exact wxga resolution.
Old 26-12-2010

HDMI and DVI are capable of transmitting similar image quality. DVI video signals can be passed to an HDMI connector and vice versa, by using an adapter. DVI is an older type of connection that was originally designed for use with computers, and therefore does not support audio. DVI devices require separate cables for audio. HDMI is fully backward compatible with DVI, which means you can connect to a computer monitor through a HDMI port with no problems.
Old 26-12-2010

Well seeing that Microsoft are sloppy and caught for not bringing a miserable component cable (when the existence erased the damn rgb ), I will buy a cable play. The problem is that my monitor is an LG M228WA has VGA, DVI, component, RGB, but has no hdmi input! The truth is not to put, and I do not want to lose much quality, you recommend me to buy the official microsoft hdmi and put a DVI adapter? (Lose much quality? Buy vga? Buy the components? On the issue of how to take is no problem because I want him out by RCA and connect it is to dolby.
Old 09-01-2011

Relax, do not lose any quality. In fact, the dvi can achieve higher resolution than hdmi, because it has more bandwidth (if not the latest version hdmi increase the bandwidth), so it is used mostly on PC, because you can use resolutions higher than 1920x1080 (1080p .) Apart from this, the only difference between DVI and HDMI is that HDMI also carries sound as well as image. SUMMARY: The signal is the same, so it looks the same
PS: With a simple HDMI-DVI converter will work perfect (or even if you want, you can buy directly hdmi-dvi cable, worth almost like a normal hdmi)

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,