Thread: My Computer caught on fire need advice

My Computer caught on fire need advice

Guys, last night my mother was on her pc and started taking fire from scratch, but it was fire, there was just smoke. Seems like it was just the DVD drive, they managed to save the rest. What could be the reason or the source behind the DVD which was burned through with wires, so I'm thinking of isolating my dvd drive since it is good to work with it after this incident. Please elaborate what are the chances and possible reason for this fire. For your information I am on windows XP. Have you ever had such incidents with your computer.

Re: My Computer caught on fire need advice

The most critical part of the computer can start a fire is the monitor, which works with very high energies and generates plenty of heat. Be sure to turn off the monitor when not in use, let alone the CPU on. It is dangerous but leave monitor connected directly, one should only do this if necessary. I have seen cases where the monitor was on fire for being on top with curtains, paper or flammable products. It's nice not easy. Since the CPU works with few levels of power and generates less heat, and virtually impossible to catch fire, even if a burst component, and it burns off quickly, as some capacitors and transformers.

Yeah, the problem in question is not the Micro itself (hardware), but as quoted, perhaps things are surrounding q Micro is a q may ignite in the event of a short circuit. Even, if there are safety standards remember that plastic and rubber cables (power), paper (tray in the printer and / or over or under the table), wood (table), textiles (curtains, upholstery, carpets, clothes-in bed) fuel and nothing to prevent the spontaneous combustion of these materials, when the next heat. Anyone out there remember the fire triangle.

I think that there is no risk of catching fire on the same monitor, because it heats up then when you slept it off (and also n let him have logic connected energy) but one thing has caught fire risk monitor c has something hurting him correct airflow, for example if you use it with plastic covers to protect from dust, then the monitor will start to heat up, and the tendency of hot air is rising, but it will go up as has an arresting cover it.

As stated in several posts here, the greater is the risk of fire with the monitor. But still, I believe this is a very remote possibility of happening, as the monitor, as well as other parts of the PC work according to the ambient temperature. That is, if the temperature of your room heats up it will heat up more, it cools, it will also cool. I'm not saying that it works at room temperature, but according to her. Of course you will not sleep with the monitor on, because nobody else will see nothing in it while you're sleeping. As for the CPU, I think the risk is practically zero. For even if some will burn cooler, the motherboard disarm. And if she does not trip, just who will burn the piece which will be cooling / exhaust stopped working. Hugs