Thread: Software installation for printer shows "HP Installer Setup has stopped working" error

Software installation for printer shows "HP Installer Setup has stopped working" error

I am attempting to install HP printer application on my Windows 7 Professional operating system . After the completion of the installation which I downloaded from the HP website and had came in a zip file. When I try to execute after extracting it to a local folder it shows an error "HP Installer Setup has stopped working “ , it shows me two option one of the option asks me to close program and the other option asks Windows to check for the solution for this issue. Has anyone faced this sort of issue before , if you have then please let me know about that .

Re: Software installation for printer shows "HP Installer Setup has stopped working" error

I would recommend you to utilize Windows Installer Cleanup Utility after you have downloaded it from the internet and check whether it will sorts out with your issue. You can utilize the utility to get rid of installation information for applications that were installed with the help of Windows Installer. Be conscious that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not get rid of the definite program from your system . Although, it will get rid of the installation files so that you can begin the installation.

Re: Software installation for printer shows "HP Installer Setup has stopped working" error

I worked with HP for the last two days without any progress resolving the problem. Yesterday they said the problem was with my PC. I tried executing the HP setup.exe file that was remove and save to the temp folder when I click on the HP file - it does not execute and I got an error message that said a non compatible software was noticed. I reckon there is something not matching with HP's approach to install application and Windows 7 - HP had showed that their way to install the application varied from others. was different that other's approach. You will not find these type of issue with other computer .

You may attempt installing the application in clean boot condition and see if the problem persists.Starting your system by using a small set of drivers and startup programs so that you can conclude whether a background application is meddling with your game or program. This sort of startup is known as a "Clean boot." I think having a clean boot will surely bring you the required solution.