Thread: Some of my scanned photos get compressed and some not

Some of my scanned photos get compressed and some not

I presently discovered, that a few of my scanned hi-res pictures get LZV compression, and a few not. It is typically those I turned 90 degrees, but not all the time. Why? My scans are typically just below 80 MB, and the majority of portrait format are currently around 20 MB. I am not certain, but I think it was not happening previous, but I might be well incorrect. Is there way out, few pattern to it, or will somebody just know how to fix it. It would be pleasant to be able to decide what and while is compressed and how.

Re: Some of my scanned photos get compressed and some not

I also have the same problem and changing of any type, just scanned to My Pictures library; all the photos are 90MB each. Afterward I go through them and turn few 90 degrees. After that I check properties and it is 30 MB, compression LZW. No caution, no an additional program, only My Pictures, and Windows 7 photo viewer. But I have said the majority of it in my question. Please somebody can help?

Inserting compression to TIFF files is frequently an alternative that you would set previous to saving the files. In this case Windows Photo Viewer is automatically adding compression to any TIFF files you change or duplicate. I was just testing it with the make copy alternative and it is pretty infuriating in the way it as well compresses the unique file earlier than making the duplicate of it, devoid of choice or notice. Luckily LZW is a lossless compression algorithm so you can possibly restore the pix to unique state by re-saving them with no compression utilizing an image editor. Or you can just abscond them as is to save hard drive space.

That is extremely incorrect; it should not be doing it, correct. Possibly is there a way to modify it. And as well, if I for instance will utilize from now on just Photoshop Elements 7 then I will have trouble no more. How is it possible? Lots of people must have this trouble. Even Google yielded no reply. And I previously had so many troubles with Windows 7 Media Player. The man in the shop selling me the computer, he said: if you wish it working properly, get Apple. I guess he was correct.

As it occurs I am as well using PS Elements 7 in recent times. Picture Viewer is an extremely basic sort of application. There are not any options to place that I am conscious of and it does not actually do much that I myself find helpful. I think it to be something that is been provided for people who don't have anything else to utilize. The few things which it does do are copied in the majority image editing or managing software which you get bundled for free with approximately any scanner or digital camera these days. I got my PSE 7 bundled with a tablet. Windows Live Photo Gallery is same in experience to Picture Viewer but with additional functions. Then there are as well 3rd party freeware viewer applications like XNView and IrfanView which do many more but devoid of being full blown image editors.