Thread: Error while playing Blu-ray disc

Error while playing Blu-ray disc

The Microsoft Windows 7 Media Center unable to presently support Blu-ray discs. While I attempt to play a Blu-ray disc, a window pops up and saying: "To play this DVD, you must primary install a playback application which supports Blu-ray Disc." Do I require installing an application like Cyberink Power DVD 9 earlier than Windows Media Center will play the Blu-ray disc? Or, do I require running it off one more playback application? Basically, is it feasible to obtain WMC to play Blu-ray?

Re: Error while playing Blu-ray disc

You necessitate installing the codec’s for Blu-Ray. Your Blu-ray drive should have came with media containing the codec’s. You can as well utilize your favorite search engine and search for free Blu-ray codec’s. Utilizing Third Party Software, as well as hardware drivers can cause grave troubles that may put off your computer from booting accurately. I cannot guarantee that any troubles resulting from the exercise of Third Party Software can be solved. Utilizing Third Party Software is at your personal threat.

I have BD-ROM Drive which is a Sony BDU-X105 and it arrived with Power DVD 7, but the program did not work fine. Thus, I improved to Cyberink Power DVD 9. Odd thing is that, earlier than I setup the application, I couldn’t play Blu-Ray Discs in Windows Media Center. Later than I setup it, Windows Media Center played Blu-ray movies just excellent in both windows Vista and Windows 7. I did not discover any free codec's online up till now.

Tell me one thing, Do free codec exists? The codec’s which came with my LG drive are acutely hamstringed. It is provoking that I have to utilize a third party, while I want Windows Media Center to do the whole thing. Tatara is the first one I have establishes who got Blu-rays to work. So it works in windows Vista and windows 7 devoid of switching to a awkward interface? If I can be persuaded that Power DVD 9 integrates flawlessly, I will shell out the extra money right away.