Thread: Poor battery life after 4.2.1 update

Poor battery life after 4.2.1 update

Has anybody else observed their battery not permanent anywhere near as long as, later than upgrading to 4.2.1? I completely charged my iPad and I have been utilizing it for about 3 hours currently, glow reading and browsing, and my battery by now is at 50%. I utilized to get days worth of common use from my iPad, but since upgrading to 4.2.1, I observe that the battery is not permanent anywhere near as long. Could it be to do with multitasking? The fact that the majority of applications are continue open in the background? Anybody else had similar experiences?

Re: Poor battery life after 4.2.1 update

I as well am having similar troubles even though not as severe. I observe the battery life simply clicking down later than a few minutes from a complete charge. I had that occur day before yesterday, I did a hard reset and while it came back up, the 90% that showed earlier than the hard reset changed back to 100%. But, the exhaust remains. Not certain what to perform about it. There are no jailbroken on my iPad, nor did I place any of the betas on there. I stopped for the official version through iTunes.

I perceive similar thing as the OP, later than 4.2.1 update. I have yet turned off notices enabled Airplane mode but still battery appears to fall much quicker. Want to perform a few more accurate testing but normally speaking, later than full overnight charge I used to be an able to go quite a lot of days. At present on 4.2 later than just a few hours of browsing web I get down to 55% or less. Here is a data point, I took note of my battery meter and after that went about a few common browsing, that is: reading this forum, Twitter application, some Google map lookups, and so on. No video playing, YouTube, or games, and so forth. Airplane mode ON, but Wi-Fi enabled. Bluetooth off, Brightness slider simply lower the middle marks. Email accounts disabled. Battery dropped to 15% in about 90 minutes. This seems so much inferior to previous to 4.2 update. I will attempt the recalibration plan, although previous in the week I did allow the iPad run down to 1% prior than plugging in. I had not at all seen the indicator that low before later than just 1 day's utilize. But I will agree to it run wholly down this time and attempt the recalibration procedure.

There have been lots of posts regarding this since iOS 4.x betas were released; I and other establish if you do a recalibration the battery life proceeds to standard. Let your iPad run down till it shuts off on its own after that recharge it overnight. One associate goes so far as: Recharge it and let it remain connected for 3 to 4 hours, after that utilize the iPad and allow it runs down all the way another time till it shuts off on its own. Leave it turned off with no charging for some hours; say 2 hours. After that recharge completely and should be excellent to go.