Thread: I have a doubt on cooler replacement

I have a doubt on cooler replacement

I am building my innovative PC atm and was going to acquire a Noctua NH-D14 for cooling, regrettably I desire to bring together end of the month. The store I am purchasing commencing from presented the NH-12P SE or Prolimatech Super Mega as substitute. I quite similar to the give the impression of being of the Super Mega, additional than the 140mm Prolimatech fans they supposed they would bundle in are unknown to me. So my query are, would moreover of these stand up to the NH-D14. How the Prolimatech are fans, particularly in terms of sound as this is what formerly drew me to the Noctua. And does anybody be familiar by means of if the Corsair Dominator RAM I plan on receiving determine to fit beneath the HS. I be familiar by means of I was going to have comprised to eliminate the tops of the Corsair RAM to fit it under the Noctua.

Re: I have a doubt on cooler replacement

The merely experience I have comprised and had by means of no matter which commencing from Prolimatech was by means of the original Megahalems, which I was attractive impressed by means of it. Their fit and terminate was extremely high on the heatsink and pedestal and their mounting hardware was first class. Presentation was a diminutive worse than the NH-D14 and the accurate and Ven-X although. Not much, additional than a diminutive. I would imagine by means of the intention of the Super Mega determine to be fractionally superior, other than I have comprised no personal hands on experience by means of it. As for their fans, they are a absolute unknown to me, other than going by the product I encompass seen commencing from them I would guess they determine to be half decent at least.

I do not imagine my position was as clear as it might have encompassed been I required the Noctua other than my complete country are out of stock till mid Jan so I was thinking regarding the Prolimatech as a substitute. In observe to the fans, the dude selling this is telling me he be able to package it by means of 2x SCYTHE SLIP STREAM 120MM FAN (1200RPM), I do not be familiar by means of this brand although, are they several superior or is he endeavoring to pawn crap off to me in the anticipate I would not be familiar by means of it I am by no means a professional tester other than I would be contented to make available you several operating information in sequence regarding the Super Mega once I have comprised it running if you similar to, in addition, I heard somewhere by means of the intention of the fins are presently copper plated or something weird.

As for the Slipstream fans, they are crap for heatsink utilize. They are regarding the merely series of fans by means of the intention of Scythe sells by means of the intention of I do not care for at the entire. The numbers position by Scythe (which I am certain are make available by the actual fan manufacturer) are total BS as far as cfm and sound go and they do not have comprised sufficient static pressure for heatsink utilize. If you be able to, observe if they be able to make available some Scythe S-Flex (SFF21F or SFF21E series) or a number of 1850 rpm Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans as an alternative. Do not be afraid of the rpm on the GT fans by the way, as they are not earsplitting at the entire. Not be able to locate several of those fans except the S-Flex 800rpm ones, I am kind a giving the impression of being at the Prolimatech 140mm fans, they encompass overwhelming cfm and dbA stats, merely concern as by means of the intention of they might be.

They are a superior choice and compromise connecting cfm and noise and they are attractive inexpensive too, at smallest amount in the US. Might you position links to some of the web sites by means of the intention of are obtainable to you by means of the intention of people might give the impression of being at what they encompass to present and choose the most excellent commencing from by means of the intention of it. This would create it easier for say MD to tell you what would be most excellent of what they present and they knows. In the WC segment in the sticky position there is a link by means of an assortment of stores. Take a give the impression of being, I imagine you determine to locate what you necessitate. I was endeavoring to utilize by means of the intention of one and not having any luck, be able to you link some retailers so we can thumb through the catalogs.

I have comprised an previous P4 S478 system by means of the intention of I tranquil utilize the entire the time (friends PC) additional than recently (past 6months) it gets tremendously loud when at normal temperatures and insanely loud when it gets hot, resonance approximating a jet engine going off in my office and it has be converted into excruciating. At present, I am going to purchase some Artic Silver 5 to help a diminutive, additional than I thought at the similar time as I am at it might as well replace the Intel CPU fan itself (I am tranquil utilizing the one that came by means of it 5 years ago). My goal is straightforward; reduce the noise as much as probable at the same time as incurring the lowest cost (this is an previous P4 system not give the impression of being to spend $100 on a super-Zalman crazy air-cooling unit). What I am endeavoring to ask here is the fan itself running appropriately.