Thread: VRM cooling solution for gtx470

VRM cooling solution for gtx470

I am innovative to aftermarket VGA cooling and I recently am giving the impression of being to get a innovative cooling solution for my gtx 470. I have comprised and read some discussion and encompass seen by means of the intention of the Zotac Amp, The Gelid Icy apparition, And the Thermal Right Spitfire are presently extremely superior solutions for the gtx470 and 480 I was immediately wondering which of the 3 is the most excellent. The entire I looked at a number of evaluations on the Gelid aftermarket cooler and I was overwhelmed, truthfully. So the tribulations is I do not be familiar by means of if it's going to be compatible by means of my Galaxy GTX 470 GC in view of the fact by means of the intention of it's a non-ref card, utilizing a non-ref PCB design (the PCB is 0.5" shorter than the ref and power connectors are position at the rear). The Accelero is almost certainly superior additional than I would approximate to hear peoples thoughts and if anyone has one of these coolers on her/his GTX470/480.

Re: VRM cooling solution for gtx470

I consider the zotac amp is immediately the cooler by means of the intention of comes through theirs, dunno if you be able to purchase it unconnectedly, I be familiar by means of the Icy Vision is extremely superior, and I have comprised been thinking regarding receiving it for mine. Spitfire is in addition good, so long as your case setup be able to provide somewhere to stay it. Yes I am utilizing a haf 932 so space is not actually a tribulations, I presently desire the most excellent cooling explanation probable by means of the intention of is not crazy in price such as liquid cooling. Additional than I am conscious the spitfire does not encompass the vrm cooling for the gtx 470 model and was wondering if by means of the intention of is a big tribulations.

Additional than I guess your right it leaves the VRMs working with hot I have comprised and read a it by means of the intention of said thermal right is generating a cooler particularly got the gtx 400 series, perhaps I be supposed to just wait to observe how that turns out additional than you do create a superior point regarding the icy vision the whole thing does come contained for a lower price have comprised you been capable to locate several temps for the spitfire. If its not a important difference than I assume the icy vision is a superior to purchase. If the PCB is shorter and the rotate holes do not align by means of the reference cards, I doubt it determine to screw on their totally.

This determines to be harder not to fit for the reason by means of the intention of the icy has 4 mounting spaces. Something similar to 51mm, 53mm, 54mm and 55mm (for ati and nvidia cards) the memory heatsinks are stumpy profile, so they be supposed to fit several card Well. You do not actually necessitate to make available me a picture, you be able to make sure it by yourself, so by means of the intention of I do not get the whole responsibility here. Additional than my respond is it almost certainly determine to the stock cooler semmed extremely impressive for me, must merely be noise, for the reason by means of the intention of it is a dual slot, anyways. Well, it determine to fit your card, you encompass my word (the 2 screws for the vrm are for my card, additional than there is a solution for yours with the intention of determine to fit).

I have been presented an MSI GTX 470 by means of the intention of is regarding one month old +70 for my immediately regarding one month old Vapor-X 5870 rev 2. I am liking extremely much by means of the intention of the 470 outperforms the 5870 nowadays additional than what actually inconvenience me is maintain it cool. I have comprised and planned to pickup a spitfire, by means of my haf-x's side panel 200mm shooting cool air onto it, and I determine to mount moreover a 25 or 38mm loon for the pull side. It be supposed to fit in the enormous case even by means of my tribulations. Additional than I would necessitate making available a cooling solution for the VRM's as well. What products are out there by means of the intention of determine to provide stellar VRM cooling and not limit an overclock.

The spitfire comes by means of ramsinks does not it. Several ETA on vrm cooling they encompass the vrm cooler out for the 5xxx series previously. I have comprised a dissimilar card, additional than required to tell you for comparison. I dropped commencing from 65C to 49C. The real reason is for the reason by means of the intention of the GPU die case height dissimilarity error. (it's totally manufacturing error, a number of Nvidia cards has like 0.1mm height dissimilarity on the similar model, equivalent company card, dreadful)those spacers come by means of Icy, I initially installed on mutually side. In conclusion I took out 4 of them on the front side and reinstall the Icy Vision. It gives the appropriate installation pressure connecting the GPU and the Icy copper pedestal. The height dissimilar of their GPU is regarding +/- 0.15mm commencing from 4mm height, the spacer is 0.2mm thick, if the GPU height is tendency to lower limit of the tolerance, this might assist to further improve the temperature.