Thread: Advice for 3 monitors ATI RAEDON 1GB 5770 and Display port monitor

Advice for 3 monitors ATI RAEDON 1GB 5770 and Display port monitor

Friends, I have ATI Radeon HD 5770 and 5750 CrossFire Video Card. I read the review about it that it is able to hold 3 monitors. At present I comprise two Dell E173fps, These are alike except for coding is huge programs. Particularly the GUI design are also closterfobic. I be going to in the January sales to obtain a big widescreen monitor which is supremely 24".

Can you tell me that if my graphics card permit me to do this? I have seen a lot of posts concerning about"eye inifinity". Some mention resolution and costly adapters for non display port monitors. Can anyone advise me wether I can encompass 2 17" monitors at the resolution of 1280x1024 and a large 24" monitor which is having display port interface at some upper resolution?

If that is possible then please advise me a good quality monitor. Thank You.

Re: Advice for 3 monitors ATI RAEDON 1GB 5770 and Display port monitor

Yes, it is possible and you can use all the three monitors. But you need to enable the display port or you need to use the active adapter. My recommendation to you is to use SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter. I would like to tell you that it will deform picture a little bit So you need to use it on one of the secondary monitors. As for as the monitor is concerned, then that is totally depends on your budget.

Sorry, but I would like to ask you one thing that as you told that I need to use an adapter. What if I buy a display port monitor and use my existing monitor off and use the other ports on the gfx card. Thank you very much for such a quick reply. Please answer to this question also. I am waiting for replies.

You need not to use the adapter but only if you have a monitor with DVI or HDMI. You can obtain one having display port, except you will include a heck of many alternative if you acquire one without it. This is for the reason that the huge majority of monitors make use of any of the additional 2 connectors.

I am at present making use of an adapter which is there on the back of graphics cards to change from a DVI to VGA. If I utilize that adapter joint through the active DP adapter then this will not work. The adapter which I am having right now is a "passive" one plus the graphic card sense it as a vga since I be able to observe it has noticed it as analog in windows and modified the output as necessary. I assume this is the case while with the DP adapter then graphics card has no information about the monitor just the DP adapter and that can operate like monitor.