Thread: Which is better for GTX 460, water or air cooling

Which is better for GTX 460, water or air cooling

I am going nuts commencing from the sound of my Evga GTX460, at present by means of the intention of the rest of my system is cooled by a become quiet WC system. I was presume to watercool the Evga card, additional than I originate out the hard way, by means of the intention of the waterblock I had purchased do merely fit on GTX460's by means of the intention of is completed on reference PCB. So at present I necessitate some additional solution for the card. And in view of the fact by means of the intention of the card is not going to be super seriously overclocked, I imagine some superior aircooling be supposed to be sufficient. On the additional hand I previously have comprised a watercooling system in my case, and be supposed to be capable to add a VGA cooler moderately easy. Additional than I am previously at a point where my pumps is receiving to diminutive, so adding an additional VGA cooler might be too much. So I am extremely open to the entire kind of solutions, and would feel affection for to hear what you would do and why Links to recommended solutions would be enormous too.

Re: Which is better for GTX 460, water or air cooling

The Swiftech MCW80 be supposed to do the trick. You determine to on the other hand, necessitate the GT400 adapter kit. Commencing from the pics I have comprised and seen of the card and the adapter kit, it give the impression of being similar to it be supposed to work, additional than no guarantees. I did observe somewhere by means of the intention of an important person had retrofitted one onto a GTX460 by modding the G80 mounting kit. Ok, I might be way off pedestal, universal solutions are my weak point, additional than is not the mcw60/80 fundamentally an apogee xt and as such attractive high restriction. I immediately desire it to be silent and encompass superior temps by means of the intention of the 85-90c it's working with at at present an additional thing with the intention of draws me to air, is by means of the intention of if I add it to my WC loop, it determine to affect the temps on my CPU and primary GPU, which I do desire to OC to the max additional than I am not certain how much my temp determine to go up, when adding a GTX460, perhaps it's extremely little.

I determine to have encompassed to give the impression of being approximately later when I get back to my system, additional than I remember a evaluation a at the same time as back by means of the intention of evaluate the MCW60 and Fuzion GPU obstruct alongside a number of additional block. The MCW60 seems to encompass been rated as one of the universal explanation by means of the least quantity of restriction. The MCW60 would not run, for the reason by means of the intention of the contact area of the pedestal is smaller than the MCW80. They are together fundamentally the similar block, aside commencing from the pedestal and the give the impression of being of the top. True the contact area of the mcw60 is much less important than the mcw80. False by means of the intention of it would not run.

I do agree it would be superior to get a evaluation of the mcw60 and 80. I was not determine to go out and purchase yet an additional "universal" obstruct for my video card when I previously had one. Anybody be familiar by means of if my cards are Reference or non-Reference, I necessitate knowing for the reason by means of the intention of I am regarding to purchase 2 water blocks for these on ebay. I necessitate to be familiar by means of if this particular model sustains or maintains in excess of volting. Frequently the dissimilarity in Reference and Non/Reference is by means of the intention of the Reference card be able to revolutionize Voltages and the non. My friends GTX 280's get warm by means of the backplate on. EDIT Spoke to scrutinize UK, they are going to swap my Gigabyte ones out for a pair of EVGA 460 SC's, site demonstrate them as being well-matched and they were the cheapest ones sustained or maintained.

An advantage of it is by means of the intention of it uses the 800GT G92 Hole spacing, So there are a small number of aftermarket coolers out there commencing from the past. I too have comprised a Zotac 1GB, and would actually feel affection for this cooler; on the other hand, I am not certain what you mean regarding "previous heatsink version". My card in addition has the tiny, 3 heat pipe cooler, additional than in addition has the non utilized memory heatsinks part (would run if it had thermal pads). Is by means of the intention of the near the beginning or later description. The distance connecting the center of GPU and the edge of 2nd slots's DVI port be supposed to encompass at least 78mm. So, you be able to utilize ruler to measure your card.

I am extremely paying attention in the Spitfire, in view of the fact by means of the intention of it determine to necessitate merely a 140mm@900RPM to maintain the GPU at satisfactory temps. On the other hand, when I locate the method to this Thermalright page Link then to the sustain or maintain tab & then to "Spitfire VGA Compatibility.pdf" on the substructure of the page I proverb this : GTX 460 No similar in temperament might somebody confirm by means of the intention of he/she has essentially seen this cooler on a GTX 460. As I unspoken it, the Gainward / Palit PCB uses "normal" mounting holes approximating on a G92, which be supposed to create the Spitfire compatible. If you become aware of you determine to observe your cards mounting holes and in the middle there is a diminutive black IC. Measure commencing from by means of the intention of to the edge (almost) of the finger (it be supposed to line up and merely be 1 mm longer or so past the 2nd DVI port.