Thread: Startup crashes on G3 Powerbook

Startup crashes on G3 Powerbook

My pismo (firewire working with a 400 cpu for the reason with the intention of they are cheaper) would not start. It beeps 5x (1 long, 4 short or impressive in between), and does not chime. I have comprised and read position of comparable tribulations and tried their suggestions, it booted on one occasion by eliminating the pram batt & pressing apple/option/P/R additional than it merely worked on one occasion my pram voltage is 6.9 and 3.4 (or impressive close) I am wondering how by means of the intention of be able to be a predicament if the system determine to reboot w/ the pram battery detached. The keyboard lights come on additional than the battery lights do not. The recent past previous to it quit, it refused to accumulate written code, it ran the program additional than a number of the changes did not take effect. In addition the fan does not seem to come on several additional, I did not become aware of when by means of the intention of began.

Re: Startup crashes on G3 Powerbook

This apparatus has been shipped by means of a 2GB hard drive additional than determine to take a larger one. If you are going to inaugurate OS X onto it, the majority it determines to hold up or maintain is 10.2.8 and if you encompass a hard drive larger than 8GB installed, it determine to necessitate to be partitioned so by means of the intention of one of the separation is 7GB. This is the one by means of the intention of OS X must be installed on and is almost certainly the source of the "no hard drive larger than 7GB story). Apple at present consider this apparatus to be "Vintage" and is in addition not sustained or maintained by Apple. Parts might be obtainable on eBay additional than give the impression of being for them to be comparatively luxurious. A hard drive commencing from an iBook G4 might work in there.

A G3 is a G3, and there is not anything you be able to do regarding by means of the intention of it. You are giving the impression of being at a system by means of the intention of is almost certainly approximately 10+ years old, so the fact by means of the intention of it tranquil turns on and runs is astonishing in and of itself. It's almost certainly not cost effective, additional than maxing out the RAM would assist somewhat, additional than by means of the intention of is almost certainly it presentation wise. An iBook G4 hard drive might run, additional than it actually depends on a number of things. I imagine most (the entire) iBook G4's utilized IDE drives, so there's by means of the intention of, additional than the electrical specs might well be extremely dissimilar connecting the G3 PowerBook and iBook G4.

The battery is approximately dead and would not charge up. Stimulating to 2% last week additional than would not charge at the entire at present. By means of mains power on it would not start up and seems perplexed, goes to mac query mark and back would not start. Determine to an innovative battery fix this or is it incredible else. First you would necessitate eliminating the battery, and then endeavoring starting it. If it tranquil is not running, it's kind of a tough call. It might immediately be a terrible battery, it might in addition be the logic board is going out. Moreover of these repairs would almost certainly cost additional than the system is worth, so they are hard to suggest, and by means of the intention of is assuming you be able to locate a battery for the thing. By means of this most recent bit of information in sequence, I would say this system is attractive much a lost cause and you are superior off taking it somewhere to be disposed of it.

I anticipate one of you brilliant people be able to assist. I went to twist on my previous Mac G3 Powerbook and it would not come on at the entire. I guess it's regarding 9 years old, so I immediately utilize it occasionally, additional than it always comes on and apart commencing from the battery by means of the intention of has not worked for regarding 7 years, I have comprised not had a tribulations. I last utilized it by means of no tribulations regarding 2 months ago. I have encompassed and not dropped it, additional than it might have been plugged in during a storm as there include been numerous storms this summer additional than do not remember no matter which out of the ordinary specifically. The merely thing by means of the intention of occurs at present is the light indicator band on the hinge of the book lights up additional than by means of the intention of is it (no sounds or additional lights and does not endeavor to boot - totally dead).

I have had a comparable predicament by means of a black Powerbook G3 (without Firewire/IEEE1394). It would not start up subsequent to a at the same time as (commencing from a small number of hours to days and even weeks) subsequent to I resent it utilizing the keys stated on the back of the system. It took a longer time to turn on every time subsequent to I resent it (for illustration If I resent it on one occasion, it would not turn on for four or so minutes, the second time, it might not of turned on for an hour and if I resent it the entire in excess of again it would have not twist on for an even longer period of time). My keyboard in addition did not work appropriately (merely the function and system keys worked). I might position out by means of the intention of I upgraded it recently commencing from Mac OS 9.1 to Mac OS X v10.2.0, this might be a large factor of your tribulations.