Thread: graphic card GTX 460 Hawk not working properly

graphic card GTX 460 Hawk not working properly

Hey i have been facing this problem from a quite a while and so i decided to report this to you guys. The problem is with my graphic card GTX 460 Hawk @ 900mhz. Now whenever i try overclocking the speed does not go beyond 900 MHz and whenever it tries to cross the 900 level it crashes down and i have to restart the system. I have checked various reviews from the various websites and all of them claimed that it can be stable under 1GHz but it does not under my case. Any possible solution to help me out of this.

re: graphic card GTX 460 Hawk not working properly

Well according to me you must try overclocking one at a time. What i would advice you to slow down your CPU speed and check at which speed is your gpu stable. First set all the settings that will make your gpu stable and then try overclocking at higher frequency. Make sure that your card is cooled properly by setting up a fan profile and ensure that the high temperature raised during the overclocking does not effect the working of the card. So ensure this little steps for the better functioning of your card.

Hey i just visited this site and came across this problem which looked similar to mine. I just saw your solution and i need to ask this question to you. My graphic card MSI has the property to lock the cores and also the shaders. According to your recommendation you had said to overclock one core at a time. So if the MSI card locks the cores how can i carry on the overclocking one at a time it seems difficult. Do you have any suggestions for this problem. Then please do specify.

Well if you ask me how to unlock the core than the possible solution is given in many websites. However to make your task easy i will provide you with a link just check it and you will get the necessary information. Here is the link Unlock Phenom X3 II 710. Now coming back to your problem after you are done with the unlocking then try and increase the core speed one after the another until it maintains the maximum stability. Test the stability by he various benchmarks tests and you will get the results. Once done with the core then apply the same to the shaders it will work. Just try it out.