Thread: How to use Microphone on X-fi Xtreme Audio Pci Express 24 BIT Sound Blaster

How to use Microphone on X-fi Xtreme Audio Pci Express 24 BIT Sound Blaster

I wasn’t getting a good sound quality with my inbuilt ports of the motherboard for speakers as well as for mic in my computer. So I decided to buy a good sound card with some real feature and sound quality. For this I got only one good choice and that was my favorite also. The selection was Microphone X-fi Xtreme Audio Pci Express 24 BIT Sound Blaster. I installed it properly on my motherboard’s PCI slot but I need one advice about this. How can I use microphone with this? Should I need any special connector?

Re: How to use Microphone on X-fi Xtreme Audio Pci Express 24 BIT Sound Blaster

You didn’t provide the full information about the microphone. In order to provide any solution you need to be a bit specific about the issue. What size of your mic jack? I hope that it is usually 3.5mm on the end and it is connected to the socket either in front or back of your sound card. I need to know the version if OS you are using for a specific setup for audio or sound. If you are using a Windows OS then it is easy to check the mic. There is an inbuilt sound recorder utility in Windows that you can make use of. Just try a sample by recording any voice through your Mic and playback it.

What you really need with your MIc? Is it your mic is not functioning or just want to hear a sound yourself through? You didn’t mention the exact issue? If your mic is not functioning then go through the device driver and see whether the X-fi Xtreme as installed properly or not. You will see a yellow exclamation mark if there is any fault in driver. In case if you can’t hear then double click on the small speaker icon on the task bar and click option, in those select properties. Tick the Mic box and click OK. Now you will get a pop up of input devices, there select microphone and you will get it working.

It seems to me that you need to hear yourself through your own microphone and take output from speakers near you. You can do it in a easy manner just make sure that you have connected the mic in right port of the sound card. Just double click on the speaker icon either in control pane or at the bottom end of the taskbar. Now untick the box that was under microphone and give a try. It should be working. Some time you can’t hear a sound through it when volume is low, so increase the volume of speakers.

AS far as I know the ExtremeAudio is a cripple, with careless drivers, and necessitates the FlexiJack to handle majority of the Input or Output devices or task because of some reason, Creative determined to not place the output ports on the card itself. A FlexiJack on a Sound Blaster® X-Fi sound card makes you to attach a number of dissimilar components via single input. The benefit is that you require only one jack to fix a Mic (Line-In or Digital I/O). The drawback in excess of single jacks is that you be capable of only make use of single device at a occasion.