Thread: Vibration on Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb

Vibration on Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb

I have Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb hard disk. When I installed that to my computer then I noticed some vibration on my desk. I recognized that this is from the hard disk. To confirm that, I disconnected the hard drive from it and after that when I booted the system then it does not make any such vibration. This vibration only comes for about 1 to 2 seconds. Can you tell me that what is the problem with this and is there any solution by which I can resolve this? Thank you.

Re: Vibration on Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb

I think that there is some connection problem of the hard drive. If it is having loose connection then also it can make the noises like that. So simply open the case and see for the connection. If you feel that it is loose then disconnect that and again connect it properly. Make sure that this is having the tight connection. It will not create vibrations like this if it is due to lose connection.

Because of their mechanical nature, there are quite a few characteristics for the hard disks which are not applicable to most other computer component. Along with these there are the noise and vibration which is formed by the disk drive. Noise as well as vibration is two parts of the similar phenomenon. Since the majority of the devices within the computer have no part that is moving. They do not make noise. On the other side hard drive has extremely high-speed motors and actuators which can make noise and can make the vibration also.

It can be the problem with the driver that is installed in your system. If the driver is having problem with it then it may also leads to the issues like vibration. First of all you have to uninstall the driver that is installed correctly on your system and install it again. Start your computer and see if it can solve the problem for you or not. If that cannot solve the problem then you can search for the latest driver on the internet. Install it to your computer and this will solve the problem.

Specifications for the hard drive are usually given as two numbers. There are two type of noise that is made by the hard drive.

• Idle noise: This noise is made if the drive is under operation. This does not depends on that what it is doing. This is created by the spindle motor.
    • Seek Noise: If the drive is doing the task of positioning then it creates such noises. It increases the noise when there is a random seeks. It is due to the actuator assembly movement.