Thread: DVD burner does not respond to multisession

DVD burner does not respond to multisession

Hi all I have a Pentium 4 machine it is very old with 512 MB of ram etc but I think that's not so important. The point is that the reader of the PC original injury and the technician put a reader / cd burner / dvd hp mark but it happens when I try to throw away some cds or dvds from the pc stays on the part of the dot flashes on the top of the screen and then a few seconds starts the windows you have installed and no boat. I have tried several cds / dvds and some serve and some not, also I have another PC in which all serve any solution?

Re: DVD burner does not respond to multisession

If these are correct CD or DVD that is in perfect condition, and these are read by another drive without any problems. Have you checked if there is any latest firmware upgrade the unit? Maybe the problem is the same unit, namely the lens, as under warranty proceed to deliver the same. So first you check this and after that tell me that what is the status. And ya please try to do this very soon.

The writing multisession on DVD has always been very problematic, and almost always does not work, unlike the multi-session CD in which it works fine without any problems. The reasons for these problems actually do not know them, but the fact is that with the DVD is a bit 'a lottery to write multi-session and the risk of losing all the data is very high. The log of the black have always been full of information, but very difficult to interpret for those unfamiliar with the technical details at the bottom of the burn (including myself ). The only thing I am not convinced that the log is that the DMA is disabled on the recorder, and this certainly is not a good thing. Although the control panel is selected, the DMA if available ", this does not mean that the DMA is indeed enabled. In fact, we must see the item below which is actually enabled mode (see the figure as an example), and according to the log of black DMA is disabled. I doubt very much that the problem of not being able to write multi-session depends on it, but enable the DMA is definitely a good thing. A possible cause of the fact that the office works well at home but may not be the different model of recorder. Maybe depends on the firmware, but I'm just guessing. Another thing that might cause problems is a software-type "packet writing" such as InCD. This could interfere with the writing of the re-writable, and is a very common cause of problems for people using rewritable with black. Another reason could be the kind of support. In fact, the rewritable have always been a thorn in the side for black, which seems to have never been able to write well. In fact, many people suggest to use another software for RW discs. I personally recommend ImgBurn, but this is not able to write multi-session (perhaps the author has avoided to add support for multisession on DVD because the system is totally buggy).

First to tell you that how I solved it first I updated the firmware of my burner and bought a DVD rewritable verbatim but without obtaining any result. Then I started to research the problem and I have seen a widespread problem. If you do a search you'll see how many forums and 'talked about this problem. So the solution for this isIn "Device Mgr" got to the "SCSI / RAID Controllers" icon. Look for JMicron and "right click" then "click" "update driver". Select "No, not at this time" and click "Next." Then select "Install from specific location" and click "Next." Now select "Do not Search, I'll choose to install drivers from a list." You will now see two (2) options. "JMB36X JMicron controller" and "Standard Dual Channel PCI / IDE controller." Select the "Standard dual channel PCI / IDE controller" and click "Next" to allow the computer to do the rest. When finished go to "Add / Remove programs and" Remove "JMicron anything that's in there. You do not need to reboot. Now go back and see if all is well. Good Luck. Worked for me Because the JMicron drivers are crap. I performed the procedure to the letter and I noticed that in hardware device manager and I 'gone the "SCSI / RAID Controllers" and I created another Primary IDE Channel, Secondary IDE Channel and another added "Standard PCI IDE Controller ". I then tried to burn a multisession dvd starting first and then continue the session just written. Almost did not want to believe, but everything worked perfectly.