Thread: The hard drive shuts down suddenly

The hard drive shuts down suddenly

I have a problem with the hard drive data, not with the operating system which incidentally is exactly the same model (both are WD2500JS Western Digital Caviar 250 GB SATA2). While my computer is on and gives the same as working on that hard drive or the other, or doing nothing, suddenly the hard drive powers down and appears a balloon in windows indicating that it has write access on that disk. In fact the drive disappears from "My Computer." In this I do not have problem of power windows manager and I think neither is the temperature (28 º C thermal I mark on the disc surface and 42 º C one on micro heat sink right next to it). What I've noticed is that the Bios fail to recognize the disc, and I have to turn off the computer and leave it off for a while to recognize it again. Or even disconnect the power cord and wait a few seconds to reconnect. The motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe wifi. The disc seems to work well, when back to recognize the data are still there running smoothly. Even I could copy all its contents to another disk operating system. A scandisk not throw any harm. Sometimes makes the "click" once and still running, a while back and it still works ... the third or fourth at best and off. This problem also gave me two weeks ago but was only once and since then worked well. Do you know where the shots can go or should I try?

Re: The hard drive shuts down suddenly

I can think of two things. A font problem, if it is not delivering enough current can happen that a sudden shutdown. And the source has fluctuations or failure as a result of overloading. If that is so, you have to change the power supply. By the way, how many Watts is it? The second thing that occurs to me is a failure of HD, which does not rule it out. In short, whatever the case, it seems you'll have to replace any component. Although as I always say, it is difficult to diagnose from here.

To me it is exactly the same!! With two different disks and for a while and I had a 40-gigabyte exclave and change because that happened, then I put another 30 gigs and now I feel the same. Power and data cables and change, I formatted my Win XP, which I have misplaced because it is soft, it is not hard because on another machine works fine. I suspect the plate but still not confirmed.

You can try the disc on another computer. Certainly the source is "very fair", you have a Core 2 Duo, two discs, etc. I would go for a 550W supply. Note If it is happening like this so I have one solution so you just try this I hope from this you will able to get the idea that where is the actual issue. You just your hard drive and test it on another PC. And check whether it is happening same or it works on to the other system .and after doing this you just inform me over here that what is happening after trying this on to the other system.