Thread: XIGMATEK cooling fan throttling

XIGMATEK cooling fan throttling

I have installed the XIGMATEK cooling fan on my Windows XP machine and I am having some problem with this fan starts throttling. I have disabled the C'n'Q still this kind of problem is arriving on my machine. Can anybody tell me that for what reason fan start throttling?

Re: XIGMATEK cooling fan throttling

I would like to ask you that does this throttling happens randomly at any time or is it happening at regular interval. Actually I have never heard of any such issues with the CPU cooling fans so I am not having much idea about what you are talking here. I suggest you to explore your problem more widely which may make people understand that exactly what is happening.

May be this could be happening due to the power supply which might be fluctuating and hence your fan is not getting the proper power supply. Once your fan gets normal voltage of power then it start spinning but as soon as the voltage gets high or low according to which your fan speed affects as well as condition of the fan becomes weak as well. Finally such issues results in the throttling.

It could be the fan controller which might not be working as it should be. Once fan controller gets affected then it becomes unable to control the fan as per the usage of your cpu. I suggest you to give a check to your fan controller from any hardware engineer who must be able to encounter the problem just by going through the problem that you are facing on your machine.