Thread: Need help to choose a new cooler

Need help to choose a new cooler

My wife has an Intel Core i5-750 machine @ 4.0Ghz and I am looking forward to buy a new cooler for cooling up this heavy loaded machine as my kid used to play many games on this machine and it gets overheated very soon. My kid have got bored now as he is not able to play games consistently. I am gonna fit this new cooler in Cooler Master Storm Sniper Case. I have seen several cooler out of which I liked one named as Thermalright Silver Arrow.

Re: Need help to choose a new cooler

Scythe Ninja with his copper which is also that the ultra 120 extreme unless it comes with a Slipstream fan before Noctua let it be said, and orochi who is also the perf ifx-14, provided with a fan to 500trs. Thermaltake DuOrb CPU with her too as perf as the ultra 120 extreme. What annoys me is people who laugh when talking about the Thermalright competitors. Open your eyes, open your heart, open your mind and look at the alternative to the thief. There are some who might say that the ifx-14 is the first, I say that for 30 € more you have a Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II incomparable with the Thermalright. Well then, if already Thermalright manufactures everything is ok but not the case.

A cooler is judged not only on performance but also on its dissipation compromise between performance and silence. Unlike Thermaltake other trademarks mentioned in this topic are still more oriented silence ... Finally, I mean it's a quality they provide really know. The Big Typhoon? Ah yes, the huge machines with blades super compressed, ideal for low airflow, A DuoOrb with two 80mm winded? Not better. I'm not saying these are bad models, just that it's not for every customer. And they are known to be really optimistic about their acoustic data, they must have standards of their own. The Ninja Copper? Why not, but then to do as well as a U120eX it seems to me not seeing it ... and the slipstream is equivalent to the noctua, do not push the troll to say that it does better. The Orochi? may be good but the price of a sacred corpulence not necessarily reassuring for everyone.

The Archon is composed of a radiator through six nickel-plated copper heat pipes, connected to a copper base, and a fan TY-140 140 mm. This operates at speeds between 900 and 1300 rpm, noise not exceeding 21 dB. This cooler is also supplied with a tube of thermal paste CF III. Thermalright has unfortunately not yet indicate a price or availability date.

Thermalright Archon is compatible with sockets AMD and Intel LGA 775/1156/1366 AM2/AM2 + / AM3. It has been specially designed to install easily, even in a motherboard with all the slots are filled DRAM. Thermalright provides her with a new tube of thermal paste CF III. The Taiwanese manufacturer has provided a suggested retail price of 75.95 dollars for the Archon, or about 65.95 euros, all taxes included. It now remains to see how the newcomer is positioned to compete.