Thread: Error message: Drivers for the LG external HDD HXD5 is not installed Code 28

Error message: Drivers for the LG external HDD HXD5 is not installed Code 28

My Microsoft windows 7 do not setup driver for LG external HDD HXD5 320 GB and it’s attached by means of a USB. It works flawlessly on supplementary computers containing Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows XP and Windows Vista, just does not work on my. I have had internet connected while it was installing therefore it got the chance to investigate Windows Update for it but it been unsuccessful. It works even on my computer (I contain dual Operating system) on windows XP SP3 but I require it to work in Windows 7. Please someone assist me.

Re: Error message: Drivers for the LG external HDD HXD5 is not installed Code 28

I have previously attempted the resolution that was planned for a further topic in this some forums on which it was to uninstall the driver by means of Device Manager and unplug the HDD and attach another time and allow the computer spot and install it another time, my computer does detect it but not succeed to install the drivers. My Computer has a 4 GB of RAM and 2.50 GHZ with an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and had arrive with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit installed, and I improved to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit that is totally updated to all the Updates which Microsoft had presented utilizing the built-in Windows Update in Control Panel. Similar is the case with a few of my USB Flash drives, but in their case they don't acquire spotted at all but obtain in Windows XP SP3 also on windows 7 and further OS on other computers but not my in Windows 7.

Re: Error message: Drivers for the LG external HDD HXD5 is not installed Code 28

I just want to know that, what the precise model of your External drive is? Follow these steps and notice if that crafts any disparity:
    1. As a primary step uninstall the driver totally by following the underneath steps. Make certain you check the alternative to “Delete the driver software for the device”. This will totally remove the software connected to the driver. Here is how to perform it:

• Click on the Start button, and then click on Control Panel- click System and Maintenance, and after that click Device Manager. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or give confirmation.
    • Right click on the Disk Drive- click Properties.
    • On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and after that click on the Uninstall. As well verify the box for “remove the driver software for this device” when uninstalling. Follow the instructions.
    • Restart your computer.

One time, you perform this, connect the device and run the Hardware Troubleshooter if the device is not getting spotted.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and make sure if it fixes the problem. If your computer is containing troubles with a newly installed device or additional hardware, try utilizing the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the trouble. It checks for common issues and makes certain that any novel device or hardware attached to your computer was setup properly. You may attempt seeming for the driver of the exterior Hard disk drive from the manufacturer’s website. You can as well provide the model number of peripheral Hard disk drive so that I can assist you to place the drivers for the similar.

I get this trouble not just with my peripheral HDD but with my further devices also which consists of some USB Flash drives. The thing is that it does work in my Windows XP SP3 I contain dual OS but not on my Windows 7 but it works on other computers containing the similar. It even works in Vista of other computers and gets functioning within moments.