Thread: How to reuse ex-raid hard disks

How to reuse ex-raid hard disks

I would appreciate if someone could help with the following question: Get new PC. From my old I want to take on a hard drive including data, which is connected to Promise 1 Stripe/Raid0 on the motherboard. Motherboard: Asus A7V8X. I have formatted the drive with NTFS. Can the drive installed easily and the data be used? There is no system partition on it or there is a risk that the data / hard disk cannot be detected or can be read. In short I just want to use ex-raid hard disks. Any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: How to reuse ex-raid hard disks

Only a hard drive and RAID 0 there's something wrong. If there are 2 disks in Raid 0, then your plan will probably fail. If the drive was connected only to the individual (not Raid), then it will probably go. Would be safer to consider before a backup, rebuild the hard drive and copy the backup. Have I understood correctly? You want one! Connect the drive that is used to be run in the Raid. That you would have if you want to access the data from the raid. Regard to possible fallacies: Stripping in the data on a RAID unless you are taking the data from the first raid on a backup disk, simply copying ranges with a locked plate copier. Then you can access the data again, without that they are in the raid. I hope that this will solve your problem.

First of all thanks for the advice. This is a record that is connected to the raid as a "normal" hard drive is used. It was never part of a RAID array. My fear was that the RAID controller writes something purely in the boot sector so that it cannot be addressed without a controller. My problem is that all backup plates are already full suspect is tantamount to the old principle of "Plug and Pray". If I have been on the board no Stripes (Raid) as I believe it even then has to work on another computer. So in purple, pink or blue connectors connected to Sata that were intended for the function with RAID. If you have any other idea then please let me know about that.

Do I understand correctly now? I have also attached two drives to a Raid controller (no raid) in SATA Mobile Rack. Normally, a raid on the compound controller setup is deleted, that is, the plates must be "low-level formatted". Then partition and format then these must be used for retail use. Is it a disk from a raid, or is it just a plate that is connected to a raid controller. I am going for the latter, but still wonder sometimes on the existing technology. Yes admit is more of a user (not know) problem concrete: are only connected to the RAID controller and I will just install the plate in the new computer system and I would be happy that all data is still there.