Thread: Hp pavilion dv4 1225dx black screen problem

Hp pavilion dv4 1225dx black screen problem

My HP pavilion dv4 1225dx turned black automatically, when I turn on my laptop black screen appears and capslock and numlock blink continuously after two-three seconds. There is no light on HDD indicator. I had try to troubleshoot it but it does’nt work. I also did the hard reset before troubleshooting my laptop but still not working. I checked the HDD and RAM by putting it back but still not working. I don’t understand anything.I need your help.

Re: Hp pavilion dv4 1225dx black screen problem

I think your laptop is going into sleep/hibernate mode. I want to ask you does it happens on battery power?. Is the computer ever plugged in when this occurs?. Was your battery on one the recall lists?. Try to change your power settings and screen saver setting it might be changed orit could be a motherboard problems , 4 blink refer to graphic controller error and 3 blink refer to memory module error. Visit your nearest service center they will solve your problem.

I think Something is wrong with your video card or BIOS. your video card must be defective. Check Your WiFi it also may be defective. You must update your BIOS which may make your computer run more efficiently, thus generating less heat. Maybe, and this is a big maybe. Try to change your operating system from vista to windows 7 which uses fewer resources then vista. It might help you.

What happens computer goes in sleep/hibernate mode to protect CPU utilization. The HP laptop does not tell you this when you restart. Mostly This happens with very poorly designed ventilation system computer, The CPU fan vents out the bottom, so whenever your laptop keep on a soft surface like sofa, bed, couch etc CPU fan gets blocked and computer get overheated. The computer with properly designed ventilation system ie.. fan situated back side of cabin rarely occur this problem.

You will need recovery disk set to reinstall your OS, your problem sounds like a bad HDD which can be replaceable easily or there must be motherboard problem or BIOS problem. Ttry to update your BIOS. If motherboard problem is there then you need to change your graphic card. Graphic card of Nvidia have this kind of problem. You should ask your HP service center for replacing of graphic card. For more details you can search online.