Thread: Webcam Error: "Device malfunctioned in USB #0004"

Webcam Error: "Device malfunctioned in USB #0004"

I am having one issue with the system of mine which is not responding with the Webcam of mine. I have some virus issue and for which i had to reinstall the operating system again. Reinstalled the operating system and after that when i am trying to use the Webcam of mine i am getting error i.e. "Device malfunctioned in USB #0004". I am unable to resolve the same so if you are having the solution for same then please let me know about it.

Re: Webcam Error: "Device malfunctioned in USB #0004"

As per your issue it seems that you have forgot to install the driver for your webcam and that is why you are getting the issue with the use of the same. I will advise you to install the latest driver for the webcam of yours and see whether this is working for you or not. To download and install the latest driver it is better to visit then manufacturer site and from there just download and install the latest driver compatible with the Operating system of yours and then connect the webcam to check whether error disappear. If error is occurring then do let me know so that i can found more solution regarding then issue which you are going through.

I am agree with the above reply as this seems to be the issue with the USB 2 driver which got malfunctioned and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. The only solution that comes to mind is nothing but to install the Motherboard driver for your system. Just check for the motherboard model number and after that search for driver related to same and install to check for the resolution of issue. I hope this will help you with the same.

First of all thanks for the help that you have given regarding the issue of mine which i have asked for and after going through the solution given by the "pddaugusto" i have got the issue resolved. Now when i am connecting the webcam it is not showing any error and it is working fine with the chat and video conferencing.