Thread: Umax 5800 scanner Windows XP drivers

Umax 5800 scanner Windows XP drivers

I have recently got a Umax 5800 scanner which I was using at my office. Now as I have took it to my home where I am having a Windows XP installed on my Desktop machine. This machine does not have a drivers installed for using Umax 5800 scanner on it. I have tried searching the drivers for this printer but I found nothing. Can you guys suggest me that where can I get the proper Windows XP driver for this scanner?

Re: Umax 5800 scanner Windows XP drivers

According to me, Best to download the drivers for the Umax 5800 scanner would be an official website of the Umax where you have to select for the model number of your scanner which must be there and download the drivers for the same.Actually you can download the drivers from other websites as well but it is not sure that they would be working on your machine. So it is always better to download the drivers from an official website.

I have searched for the drivers for my scanner on an official website of the Umax but it is strange that they doesn't contain this scanner in their list for downloading the drivers. I think I have chosen the wrong model number which does not have drivers for the most common windows operating system. Now what should I do? Is there any other option for getting the driver for this unique scanner?

It happens some time that even official website does not lists the perfect model number of the scanner for which you want to download the drivers. I think you should check using the drivers for some other scanner of the same brand but at least those drivers should be matching the series of scanner. Actually it is not necessary that you need to download the drivers made for your scanner's model only as drivers tends to be same most of the time for same series of the scanners. So feel free to download even the drivers of the matching series.